Chapter 25

Chapter 25
Hiccup's POV
We reach Berk as we all gasp to see what Drago had already done. "No..." I say looking around at Berk. "He took all the dragons!" Fishlegs yells, stating the obvious. I suddenly feel angered and start sending orders so this can be over with. "Distract the Alpha. Try to keep his focus off of Toothless."
"Uh, how?" Tuffnut asks. "Have you forgotten who you're riding with?  There isn't a dragon alive I can't wrangle."  Eret says patting his baby Scuttleclaw, when it dived down to the ground. "Except for this one!" He yelled screaming in the process. I shake my head as Snotlout speaks up saying, "Amateur." I take off to the Bewilderbeast and Drago, people yelling, "Look its Hiccup!" People cheer as I try to block them out. I look over to the gang shooting sheep up at the dragon. "Ten Points!" Snotlout yells at the top of his lungs. The alpha dragon looks at the noise that Fishlegs blew through the horn. The alpha shoots ice at the horn and luckily Fishlegs is ok confirming that he yells, "I'm Ok!"

.:3rd Person POV:.

"You are certainly hard to get rid of. I'll say that." Drago admits. Hiccup ignores the man he focuses on Toothless. "Toothless, it's me bud. It's me. I'm right here. Come back to me." Hiccup asks desperately. "He's not yours anymore." Drago yells at the boy. "He belongs to the alpha!" He sits on the saddle and opens his arms wide. "But, please, oh great dragon master, try to take him. He will not miss a second time."
        Hiccup stares at the dragon that was once his best friend, you could even consider him Hiccup's brother. "It wasn't your fault, bud. They made you do it." Hiccup tells the Night Fury. Hiccup looks up a little bit as (Y/N)'s Mood Fury comes over to join, listening to his words. Hiccup looks back at my dragon's eyes hoping this will be enough for (d/n) and Toothless. He looks as Toothless' eyes dilate, then turn into slits again. Hiccup feels his eyes welling with tears. "You'd never hurt him." He was finished. In his mind he knew he would never get his old friend back. "You'd never hurt me."
        Hiccup puts a hand on his best friend's snout. Toothless realizes it's his best friend, his partner in crime, his brother, and tries to shake off the alpha's control. "How are you doing that?" Drago asks, enraged that he might lose the Night Fury. Hiccup's eyes were glossy, waiting for the return of his best friend. "Please, you are my best friend, bud." Hiccup tells Toothless. Toothless and (D/N) almost break free of the alpha's control, listening to Hiccup's soothing words. The alpha concentrates harder; their eyes turn to slits. "My best friend." Toothless and (D/N) break from the alpha's control, Hiccup's eyes glossing, and Toothless' eyes glossing from pure joy that they were back together. "Attaboy, that's it! I'm here!" Hiccup yells.

Hiccup's POV
"Enough!" Drago yells, as (D/N) flies over to the house we put (Y/N) in to rest from whatever mom and Gothi did to help her. Instinct, I guess. Drago hits Toothless with his bull hook, but Toothless grabs it and yanks Drago off his back. "Yeah!" I yell my eyes still glossy. I wipe my eyes, and watch my Night Fury falls to the ground. I jump off my baby dragon and fall towards Toothless. "Hang on! Almost there, buddy, almost there." I yell at the dragon. I reach for the saddle, grabbing its leather, and move the tail wing into the right position so that we could fly up to safety. "Do something!" I hear Drago yell at the alpha. "We need to get those two apart." I mutter to myself. As we fly by a red flag, I get an idea and rip some fabric off the flag as we dodge the alpha's blasts of ice. "We got to block them out, Toothless. Do you trust me, bud?" I ask him as he responds. "We can do this. You and me... As one." I say tying the red fabric around Toothless' eyes and ears.  "Now let's try this one more time!" I zoom past the gang as I hear Astrid yell, "Take him down, babe!" I get a pit feeling in my stomach, but push it away knowing that I will tell her later. "Go Hiccup!" someone yells. "Go get them." I hear my mother yell. I gain confidence as we fly up to Drago. "Take control of it!" he yells.
"Shut it out, Toothless."
"Stop them!"
"NOW!" I yell as I lock Toothless' tail fin and jump off.
        Toothless passes me, flying upside down. "Ha-Ha-Ha." I hear Drago laugh and gasp as soon as he saw that I wasn't there. The man watched as my dragon flew upside down, his blindfold falling to the rough ground, to the place where (Y/N) and I met for the first time. I surround Drago with Zippleback gas and ignite it, leaving Drago falling off the Alpha, his bull hook just out of reach. I glide towards the Alpha's tail as I remember the Red Death. "Not again." I mumble. "Toothless, it's now or never! Come on, bud!" I yell at my companion. I watch as he tries his hardest to get to me. "Hold on!" I yell as we miss the tail. "Yeah-ha! We did it!" I yell throwing my hands up in the air. We land on the ground as Drago desperately tries to pick up his bull hook, but I ignited my sword and throw it at his hand, but it missed. Just for the record, yes I did miss on purpose. "Hold him there, Toothless!" I tell my dragon. "It's all over now." I yell at Drago. "Or is it?"
"Oh no!" I yell shielding myself from the alpha's ice. I watch as (Y/n) comes out of the house and look back as Toothless comes in front of me.

(Y/N's) POV

        I cry into my hands as I watch Valka pound at the ice. I look up my eyes glossy as I hear no more pounding. Through my blurry eyes I see the ice begin to glow. I wipe my eyes as the ice breaks. Toothless is glowing a brilliant blue. I see they are both alive as Toothless roars, challenging the Alpha. I quickly get up with the help of (D/N) and as fast as I can, stumble over to Hiccup and Valka. "He's challenging the Alpha!" Hiccup says, not noticing me to be beside Valka. "To protect you!" Valka says. I watch as Toothless fires at the alpha. One of the Alpha's tusks smash the ice Toothless was perched on, but Toothless jumped off and fires again. The alpha loses concentration of the other dragons as the two dragons fight. Toothless roars telling them to come and fight. They all fly behind Toothless as Hiccup mounts Toothless, gripping the leather. "No, no, no, no! Fight! Fight! What's the matter with you?!" Drago yells at the Alpha. "Now do you get it?  This is what it is to earn a dragon's loyalty. Let this end. Now." Hiccup reasons. "Never! Fight!" Drago yells back at him. I let go of the breath I realize I'm holding in which startled Valka. "(Y/N)?" She asked, but I didn't respond. Toothless roars, ordering the rest of the dragons to start firing at the alpha. "FIGHT!" Drago yells at the giant Bewilderbeast. Toothless fires another shot and the dragon's tusk falls off splashing into the water. Toothless roars, telling the Alpha to stand down as he calls for victory. The dragon bows respectfully. "The Alpha protects them all." Hiccup says, as the Alpha disappears under the waves. As Toothless turns around all the dragons bow to the new Alpha. Toothless roars in victory and the dragons join in. Hiccup demounts the Night Fury and kneels down in front of him. "You never cease to amaze me, bud. Thank you." He said leaning on his forehead. Then Toothless licks him a small laugh erupting from the crowd.

.:Hiccup's POV:.

I hear a familiar laugh go through the crowd as everyone is being reunited with their dragons. I look over to see the love of my life. I run over to her and pick her up spinning her around. I kiss her on the nose, both of us smiling from ear to ear. "Hey, you didn't die!" She laughs. "Yeah!" I say laughing, resting my hands on her hips. "We need to go talk to Astrid." I tell her rubbing the back of my neck with one hand. "Yeah." She said her face down casted. We went over to Astrid as she came over and smashed her lips onto mine. I didn't kiss back. I pushed her off of me as she gave me a confused look. "Hey, look Astrid, can we talk..." I said rubbing the back of my neck with one hand and one hand in my pocket. "Yeah!" she said hugging her little sister one last time for all I know. "In private." I add. She nods. She pulls me off to her house and I wave to (Y/N). "Good luck." She mouths towards me. I smile my signature lopsided smile as we pull in the door. "Look we need to break up." I say all in one breath. "What?" she asked tears welling up in her eyes. "I'm in love wi- "I said before I was cut off with her rage. "YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH (Y/N) AREN'T YOU?" She screams at me. "Yes..." I say slowly backing up towards the door. "I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT I'M GOING TO MAKE (Y/N)'S LIFE FEEL LIKE THOR'S WRATH! AND I HOPE THAT KILLS YOU!"  She yelled at me pushing me into the door. I quickly opened the door leaving a crying Astrid collapsed at the door. I ran to the middle of the crowd to (Y/N) as she looked at me. I looked her in the eyes as my eyes flickered down to her lips. She smashed her lips onto mine not even caring that the whole village was watching.  "Oh um..." Gobber says covering a little boy's eyes. We pull apart in a daze. Eret walks over saying, "So you and the lil' Strawberry together, now, eh?" Eret says. "Strawberry? That's what Astrid used to call me." (Y/N) says. "Yeah she kept muttering words about Strawberry, sisters and stuff so I'm calling you Strawberry. She also said your name was Strawberry when I asked about the sexy girl. Hence it was you I was talking about." Eret says. "Oh um... Thanks? I guess?" (Y/N) said blush rising to her cheeks. I muffled a laugh as she hit me in the gut. "Yeah go ahead laugh it out Dragon Boy." She said with a smirk rising to her face. "Shut up, Strawberry." I said as her blush came back. She crossed her arms over her chest and looked back at Eret. "Anyway!" She said with emphasis. I let out a small chuckle. "That was some pretty fine dragon wrangling back there. You'd make a good trapper." Eret said turning his attention to me. "You know, Skullcrusher is going to need someone to look after him now." I said. "Me?" He asked. I did a little smirk  that hitched (Y/N)'s breath. "I'd be honored." He said as Skullcrusher came over to him as he was leaving and they both left. Mom came over to us saying, "Your father, he'd be every bit as proud as I am." "Thank you, I'm really glad you're here, mom" I said giving my signature lopsided smile. "And here I'll stay." She said walking off. "So hot." (Y/N) said looking off into the distance. "Hmm?" I asked trying to see what she was looking at. "Hiccup's smirk was so hot." She said making me grin. "So you think I'm hot." I said poking her. "What?! No... I mean Yes but. Wait did I say that out loud. I mean, well, it's complicated. Is it getting hot out here, or is it just me I mean..." She rambled the heat rising to her cheeks. I let out a little chuckle, letting my hands rest on her hips. "Hey no we are matching!" She yelled lifting up her left leg. Only to show a metal leg like mine. "Oh yeah! Well not completely. We'll have to make you a flight suit just like mine except more feminized? Is that a word?" Now it was her turn to giggle. "Just make sure my boobs fit. K?" She said my cheeks as red as a tomato probably. She let out a laugh at how my cheeks were so red. "Well, at least that Drago thing is over, hmm?" She asked her arms wrapping around my neck, her playing with my hair. "Yeah." I say, my thumb tracing circles on her hip. "Come here, you." I said, smashing my lips onto hers. It felt as if the world just stopped. It was just us. Sparks exploded as it felt just alive.  We pull apart smiling at each other. I feel a small tap on my shoulder and turned around only to see Gothi. She gestures for me to kneel and I do. She takes some of the coal soot and draws on my forehead. I stand up and turn around once I feel the pressure on my forehead go away. "THE CHIEF HAS COME HOME!" Gobber yells as everyone chants stuff like, long live Chief Hiccup, or Long live the Chief. I watch as fire lights up the sky celebrating the new Alpha and Chief. I may not be ready for this, but I'll try. For me, for (y/N), for mom, for toothless, and especially for my dad.

.:3rd Person POV:.

A terrible terror tries to lift a sheep as dragons wiz by, but fails. Barf and Belch swoop in and take the sheep. Ruffnut and Tuffnut tug on the sheep as Ruffnut pulls it and throws it to Fishlegs only to be intercepted by Snotlout. He blows a kiss to Ruffnut before throwing it in the twins' basket. Eret and Skullcrusher join the flight. Hiccup and Toothless are repairing a house.

"This is Berk. A bit trampled, busted, and covered in ice, but its home. It's our home." The Vikings are working on a giant statue of Stoick. "Those who attack us are relentless and crazy. But those who stop them, oh, even more so!" (Y/N) swoops past Hiccup laughing and Hiccup decides to join the Dragon Race. " we may be small in numbers, but we stand for something bigger than anything the world can put against us." Valka and Gobber are removing armor for the dragons Drago captured. "We are the voice of peace, and bit by bit, we will change this world." Gobber pauses working to fire the black sheep. Astrid and Stormfly get ready to catch it, but (Y/N) and (D/N) catch it from below her. "You see we have something they don't. Oh, sure they have armies," Hiccup and Toothless snatch it from (Y/N) and (D/N) and fly under the baskets while Hiccup jumps above them, throwing the black sheep into (Y/N)'s basket. "and they have armadas... but we... we have..." (Y/N) and (D/N), Hiccup and Toothless, Astrid and Stormfly, Ruffnut and Tuffnut and Barf and Belch, Fishlegs and Meatlug, and Snotlout and Hookfang all land at the chief's viewing stand.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"OUR DRAGONS!"