Chapter 3

Thomas.

I got to knew Meredith more in a night then her best friends in a whole decade.

Who knew she had so dark and twisted secrets kept inside of her.

Who knew that even underneath all those shielded layers, there was actually a person who smiled and laughed.

I was so intrigued with this mysterious girl. The one who still kept secrets to herself.

The one who falls asleep at night with dark clouds and stormy skies in her head.

I wanted to know her better, but she wouldn't let me.

I was in Sabener Street training,when the constant thought of Meredith Langton popped up into my head again.

I just couldn't shake the feeling that I wanted to know her more. To discover her darkest secrets. To find out what made her so closed up.

I couldn't concentrate on the ball incoming onto my face, but Robert yelled at the exact nanosecond to make me move.

"What's happening Thomas? You're normally not this distracted during training. " Robert commented as training ended.

I sighed, knowing that he was just going to keep pestering me if I didn't tell him what was going on.

"Well, I met a girl and she's unlike any other girl out there. She's dark and mysterious. She keeps secrets and pain. She wears leather all the time. Cussing is basically like air to her and she lives for being a rebel.

Rebelling against society's stereotypes and the common misconceptions of girls. Girls that have to wear pink and must be all dolled up. "

I glanced around, hoping that nobody else heard my mini outburst of words to Robert.

"All I can say, is that you're in deep. So go and get her. " He said with a gentle pat on the back. Basically the main reason why Robert is my best friend.

I grinned, knowing he would understand and rushed out of the training grounds, in pursuit of a girl named Meredith Langton.

I found her leaning against a brick wall outside a pub. She was majestic and dangerous all at the same time.

I wanted to hold her and just beg her to stay in my arms forever, but I knew that Meredith only ever considered me as a friend and nothing more.

"Hey Mere. " I said with a grin on my face, happy to see her after a grueling training.

"Did you just give me a nickname? " She scoffed at how silly but loving my new nickname was for her.

"Yes I did, do you have a problem with that?"

"A massive one, now come on you idiot." Meredith never smiled.
She was always either smirking or frowning. I wanted to do everything in my body to make her smile.

We walked for 5 minutes, before we stopped at Meredith's house.

"Wait a bleeding minute, I need to take something." She stalked up the stairs and there I was.

A man with a all black outfit walked up to me.

"Stay away from Meredith Langton, she's mine."

And then darkness surrounded me.