Chapter 6

Meredith.

Okay, so maybe stomping out of the hospital in a mad rage probably wasn't the best idea,but what could I do?

I couldn't just sit around and let Thomas make me into some mushy,love-struck girl.

I had to stay strong and badass. I just didn't know how to be anything else,other than that.

I collapsed on the couch in my bedraggled house, and I sighed. I knew I had some the right thing.

But would Thomas feel the same? Would Thomas understand why I did what I did?

Silly me, of course he wouldn't. I doubted that he would even care. He was Thomad Müller for crying out loud. Why would he be crying over a girl like me?

I felt a small shiver of relief creep into my cold bones. At least I didn't have to worry about the fame.

I didn't have to worry about keeping up to his standards and for that, I was grateful.

Soon,night arrived and I fell asleep with almost no worries.

The Next Day

Another day of thieving and smoking.

Why had I thought that I could ever quit smoking?

I scoffed at the idea of me ever stopping. I was leaning against a wooden fence when a lone figure walked down the cold, deary streets of Munich.

I was in mid-smoke when I spotted him. The exact him I was trying to forget. The exact him that kept clouding my thoughts.

"Thomas?" I breathed out.

"In the flesh." He said with a sly smirk.

I pushed off the fence and started to stalk off in the other direction. I was not ready to face him after the events yesterday. A hand was latched onto my wrist, begging me to not to leave.

I turned around with a big sigh.

"What is it Thomas?" A hint of fustration in my voice.

"Tell me why you're so scared of breaking me." He said with such calmness, it was almost scary.

"I'm scared of breaking you because you are something that doesn't deserve to be broken. You are something that is meant to be kept with care."

He pursed his lips and let his tight grip on my wrist loosen a bit.

"That is an unacceptable answer to me."

I threw my cigarette onto the ground and stamped on it.

"Don't you see Thomas! I'm a bad influence on you. I'm letting people put you in the hospital and making you miss training. I can't see myself ruining your life, because it would ruin me too."

I just wanted to feel the haze of beer stinging my throat, I wamted to feel the cool surface of an Iphone 6 that I nicked from someone's pocket.

I didn't want to be so damn confused with Thomas all the time. I didn't want to feel so much.

That's why we stood on a corner of a deserted Munich street, staring at each other, seeing who would speak first.

"Fine then Meredith I'll leave you alone, but just know that I'll always be thinking of you."

"Cut me the bullshit Thomas. You'll forget about me the moment you leave this street."

Thomas flinched at the venom im my voice and walked away solemnly. I stared after, my eyes following him until I couldn't see him anymore. That was when I let the tear fall down my cheeks.

I rushed back into my house and grabbed the nearest can of beer on the kitchen table. I drank it with no regrets whatsoever, not thinking about Thomas once. 6 beers later and 3 smokes of weed, I felt sane.

I felt like me again. Meredith Langton, the hazy-eyed lass. I had a smile on my face when the blackness invited me back home.