clouded perception || do kyungsoo

genre: fluff

word count: 1535 words

pairing: kyungsoo x blind!reader

---

His fingers wrapped around the edges of a demo CD and he listened intently to his manager, Choi Jaehyuk speaking, because this was his second time recording for an SM Station song and he wanted the new song to do even better than "Tell Me What is Love".

"...you'll be working with a solo artist from Woollim Entertainment, [Name] [Surname]." His manager finished.

Kyungsoo tried to recall a [Name] [surname] from his memories and he's sure he's heard that name somewhere, but nothing came to mind. As if sensing his confusion, his manager added, "She just debuted a few months ago."

"Ah, okay." Kyungsoo acknowledged, curiosity laced in his words. "When do we start the recording?"

Jaehyuk furrowed his eyebrows before replying, "Well I think she got the demo two weeks ago, so recordings will probably be in a three days."

Two week ago? Kyungsoo wondered. But I received mine yesterday...

"Alright, I'll leave you with this song," the older man remarked, patting Kyungsoo's shoulder before making his leave. "Good luck."

Kyungsoo finds himself sitting in the dark recording studio three days later, waiting for his manager to bring [Name] along. He realized that within the three days of preparation, he has never really thought about who [Name] [Surname] was, so he pulled out his phone and unlocked it, revealing an open Safari page.

The light illuminating from his phone was too strong and he squinted, typing "[Name] [Surname]" into the Google search bar. A mere second later, thousands of articles were filtered and he contemplates whether to click into her wikipedia or into images, going with the latter at the end.

To Kyungsoo, the girl that showed up was undoubtedly stunning.

Photoshoot pictures scattered through the search result panel and Kyungsoo wondered briefly why many of them had the girl wearing sunglasses, but before he could check out her wikipedia page, a knock broke him out of thought.

The lights flicker on a second later and he blinks away the discomfort.

"Kyungsoo, how many times have I told you to turn on the lights?" Jaehyuk sighed.

Kyungsoo laughed lightly, "sorry, hyung."

Spinning around in his chair, his gaze landed on the petite girl standing behind his manager, oversized sunglasses resting on the bridge of her nose, and her slender fingers latched onto Jaehyuk's sleeve. He pushed himself off the chair and walked up to [Name] before smiling warmly, "I'm Do Kyungsoo. You must be [Name]."

"That's me," Her voice came out smooth and silky, and it made the EXO member's heart skip a beat. A laugh escaped from her throat, sounding like bells chiming in the wind. "I've heard a lot about you."

"Good things, I hope." He chuckled.

[Name]'s lips stretched into a bright grin, "of course."

"Alright," Junhyuk cut in. "You guys can talk more later, because right now we have a whole day of recording ahead of us."

Simultaneously, both the idols groaned slightly at the mention of work, but still made their way to the microphones.

Recordings ended earlier than Kyungsoo expected, and he found himself harboring newfound adoration for [Name]. He realized that despite her small stature, she had a very powerful voice and he immediately understood why Woollim Entertainment let her debut as a solo artist.