#2 Part 2

5 years later

Calums P.O.V

5 years without Ashton around.

And life has been hell.

While I was pregnant, I nearly had a miscarriage because of a ton of amount of stress.
I had a c-section  a month early, that nearly killed me and my baby.
By the way, it was a girl!
Her name is Caitlin Marie.
And she is absolutely beautiful. But she looks exactly like Ashton.

Anyway.

A year after I had Caitlin, we got kicked out of our home and lived homeless for 5 months. The three of us were nearly on our death beds starving, until a lovely couple, Luke and Michael, invited us to their home until I was able to get on my feet.
Two years later I was able to afford a stable home with Thomas and Caitlin.

I honestly am proud of myself and my kids.
They have grown up to be so smart and creative.
Thomas is only 7 and he's in the honor roll at his school.
Caitlin is a fast learner and is ahead of all of her school work.

Would I have wish Ashton would have stayed with us the entire time? Yes.

Do I regret making him leave after our fight? Not at all.

If I aborted baby Caitlin, I would've been so depressed.

I would rather have the love of my life leave than to kill my own child.

I love these kids more than life.
Nothing would be the same without them.

Okay moving on from my sappy life.

I was out with the kids at the park with a few of their friends from school.

I was watching closely at them just in case if something happened.
And sure enough, Thomas fell off the monkey bars.
I ran over to him as fast as I could, when I got over to him I held as I checked the small scratch on his knee.
"Momma!" I hear Caitlin call over.
She started running over to us and plopped down beside me and Thomas.
"Is tommy okay?" She asked.
"Yes baby girl. He's alright, just a small boo boo."
"Calum?" I heard a familiar voice say.
I look up and see Ashton.
I couldn't believe it.
"Kids go play okay?" I asked them just before they ran off.
I stood up and made my way to Ashton.
"Hello Ashton."
"Cal are those my kids?"
I shook my head.
"Thomas and Caitlin are my kids. I raised them by myself. You were just a sperm donor."
He looked hurt. But I didn't give in.
"Bab-"
"Don't call me that ever!"
"Uh- Calum. I'm so sorry I left you all those years. I regret everything that I have done since then. I tried to go back to the house a few years ago, but it was empty. I didn't know where you were. I've been looking for you for years."
"Well you shouldn't have even tried. Do you know what I've been through since you left?! I almost had a miscarriage, I nearly died while having a c-section to a premature baby. I went homeless for a year trying to find us food and shelter till we were nearly dying. And then a couple let us into their home until I found a stable job to afford a home and two kids. Since then I have never been more happier. These kids are my life and I can't let you near them. Ever!" I yelled at him.
Ashton was in complete shock from my outburst.
To be honest, so was I. I've never exploded like that in my entire life
"Calum I am so sorry this happened to you. Here I have an idea. I need to be in my kids lives. They need to be in my life! Knowing that I left you with the responsibility of two babies was selfish of me. We won't be together as a couple, but let me help you out. As a friend to you and a father to them." He pleaded.

"I'll think about it."