Filtering Truth

Today, we are going to be asking ourselves a question:

Do I live through the lens of my faith?
For example:
Do I play basketball through the lens of my faith?
Do I go to school through the lens of my faith,
Do I watch tv through the lens of my faith?

So, do you see bad things and then filter them through your faith to know that they're wrong?

Society says how we should interpret religions and faiths and world beliefs as a buffet, take want you want and not want you need.

The Bible Buffet- I like this story in the Bible, I like this part in the Bible, but I like what culture says about this story and this part in the Bible so I'll take it instead of the truth.

3 questions that can help us when filtering Truth
1. How did we get here?
- we all know, instinctively that life is precious, by seeing life being violated and it's unsettling.
- Origin determines value. Mona Lisa copy and original. Original is priceless while the copy is worthless.
- Genesis 1:27. God is the artist and made us, that's how we as Christians know life is priceless.
- Atheist- time+matter+chance= life. How and when did we decide that life is priceless is we supposedly evolved where the stronger survived?
- Our origin determines our value.

2. What went wrong?
- The hate coming from everywhere about black lives matter and the Holocaust and Rwanda
- Adam and Eve eat the Forbidden Fruit- Genesis 3:6-7
- Why we have a free will? Think of being forced to marry someone who you don't know and it's against your will.
- God loves us and loved us so much before we were even made and born that He gave us a free will even though He knew it would cost Him one day....
- Our free will causes hate and pain- every terrorist attack, genocide attack, and killing that happened and happens has a person behind it.
- Christian God and Muslim God is NOT THE SAME GOD
- Our God gifted us with the free will because He loves us, thus allowing evil into this world but the Islam God uses evil as leverage to test their allegiance to him
- We should believe in our Christian Faith so much, that we are willing to die for it, and God, but we SHOULD NOT KILL FOR IT. THAT IS AGAINST THE BIBLE!!!
- James 1:13-15
- Atheist have no grounds to say that evil exists at all. They say terrorist attacks are part of a will to survive and those people weren't as "evolved as we are".
-

3. How can we fix it?
- Romans 3:10; 10:13; 13:10
- Romans 3:23
- NO ONE IS GOOD!!!
- The Christian worldview is the only worldview that is prepared to properly face the problem that spawns out of humans evil nature, the existence of guilt.
- Putting hand on stove with pain sensors- we are guilty before a holy God. Not feeling the pain on a hot stove- we're still guilty before a holy God but we don't know.
- We don't need self-esteem, but we all need to know is that we are guilty before a holy God.
- The only way it can be fixed IS NOT BY US BUT BY THE GRACE OF THE CREATOR
- John 3:16-17
- Two thousand years ago there was a baby that was born into this world and left this world miraculously and the things that He did changed the course of history and the future forever.
- Romans 5:8
- Romans 6:23
- We are to be THE HOPE AND THE SALT AND THE LIGHT IN A VERY DARK WORLD EVEN IF IT COSTS OUR LIVES!!!
- Revelation 21:1-5
- "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

Why does this matter?
- it helps us identify false worldviews
- It should change how we see EVERYONE- other people who aren't followers of Christ are no worst or better than you, except you have EXPERIENCED THE GRACE OF CHRIST
- It should put our own sin into proper perspective.
- Sin destroys and corrupts and breaks and ruins relationships, especially the most important one- the one we have and others need to have with out CREATOR
If this is true...
- it increases the urgency of the Gospel
- It is worth dying for- TRUTH SHOULD BE WORTH DYING FOR
- If it is worth dying for, it must be worth living for

Hey guys! So, I basically put all the notes I took on the sermon on here and simply put in like 10 words near the beginning. So, I pray you guys will understand and start utilizing these notes in your life.

I love you guys! I'm praying for you guys! If you have any questions or want to point anything out I may have said wrong, please do let me know. I make mistakes as well as all of us, this I know. Bye! God bless!

As always,
Keep skippin closer to God!
With love and prayers,
Skippy.