Chapter 1

***Percy's POV***

"I hate you," I growled.

There was no answer. Of course there wouldn't be. Probably because I was arguing with an inanimate object.

My mirror.

"You could say something, at least," I hissed.

Nothing.

There was a tap on my door before it opened. Nico walked in, looking at me, his eyebrows creased.

"Arguing with yourself again?" he asked, sighing.

"It won't leave," I replied, staring at myself.

"Of course it won't. Percy, it's you. You won't leave yourself."

"I'm not so sure about that," I muttered. Nico walked over, wrapping his arms around me. I smiled, turning to him. "But I know that I won't leave you."

"You'd better not," he warned. I flicked his nose, walking out of my room into the living room.

Bruce, Nat, Clint, Steve, Tony, Loki and Thor were all there. Uh oh...

I froze. Nico stopped in his tracks, then turned to look at me.

"What'd you do now?" he demanded.

"Nothing. That I know of."

"'Nothing'. Sure," Tony mocked. I tilted my head, confusion warping my mind.

"I didn't do anything."

"Percy, I looked through the footage..." Tony began. I cut him off by a harsh laugh.

"Oh, that. So you see one thing and you think another. Brilliant. Truly. So what do you believe I am? Suicidal? Self harming? Depressed? Alcoholic? Smoker? Drug addict? Tell me, seriously." My eyes lit up. I no longer wore the eye patch at home. Only Grant, Eliot, Nico and my family know that I can see fully.

They were all silent.

"Well, I can admit to three of those," I bluntly stated.

A knowing look flashed across Tony's face.

"What three?" Bruce demanded.

"Ask Tony," I offered, not giving a damn for throwing him under the bus.

"Oi! I only know about you smoking!" Tony shouted in defiance.

"I aimed to keep it that way for a while there."

"What were the other two?" Steve questioned.

"Are," I corrected automatically.

They all looked at me, concerned.

"Are, still present. Well, one starts with an 'S'. The other stars with a 'D'."

"You're suicidal?" Nico looked panicked.

"No...Self harming..." I corrected. "Why would I kill myself when I could just enjoy the pain?" I muttered, thinking to myself. I forgot that I spoke aloud.

"You aren't a drug addict, are you?" Nat but in.

"No. Depressed," I answered.

"Arms, now," Bruce said, grabbing me by the arms, then rolling up my sleeves. Imagine his reaction when he didn't find anything.

"Wha-" Clint sputtered.

"Legs," Bruce rolled up my pant legs, looking for scars and cuts. Nothing, again.

"I thought you said you were self harming," Nat asked, confused.

"You do realize there are other parts of the body other than arms and legs, right?" I was genuinely shocked she didn't think of that.