Chapter 3: The Steroid Rock Bodies

I blink a couple of times, then rub my eyes. Am I really seeing what I think I'm seeing. Is Luke really there, or am I going mad?

Luke starts getting up, and I walk up to him and poke him in the cheek. Yes, he really is here.

He is here! I squeal in happiness and jump onto him making him fall down on the floor taking me down with him. "Luke, you're here." I shout as I start punching him, not very sure why.

"Wait, you're here? You were supposed to come tomorrow and then dad said that you would come after another week. But then, you're right here. What happened? Is everything okay? Am I dreaming? No that can't-" My rant is cut off.

"Mack calm down calm down. I'm home in real. I was supposed to come tomorrow and then they told me I could take my last day off as I had done pretty well, so I decided to come home early." He explains.

"But dad told me you would take another week." I say still a bit confused, you can't blame me for that.

"Yeah, I told him to lie to you so that I could surprise you. Surprise!" He grins at me.

"Dad lied to me?! You both planned this?! I had a whole crappy day because of that." I yell at them, I'm not angry at them but I sure am shocked.

"It had to be done squirt, did you see the look on your face when you saw me. You took 5 minutes trying to make sure you weren't seeing things. I didn't know you would miss me so much. Who am I kidding?! Of course I knew." Luke laughs.

I punch him in the stomach, "Of course I missed you." I jump up and down. My brother is back!

"But I didn't set up any traps yet. You were supposed to come tomorrow, so go back to Switzerland or I don't know anywhere but out of the house and come back tomorrow because I have to give you a proper welcome." I tell him while pushing him out of the house putting on the best fake serious face I can.

"You can't be serious can you? I just came back after so long and now you want me to come back tomorrow? Didn't you miss me?"

"I am very serious. I had everything planned, I was going to bake you cookies and set up at least one welcome trap in your room. But because of you now all my plans have been ruined and I won't let that happen. So get out and come back later."

"Wait, the last time I checked you couldn't do anything involving cooking or baking. At least nothing edible" He teases me.

"Exactly."

"Come on Mack. I'm sorry please let me stay, I will never lie to you ever again." He pleads.

"Promise?" I ask.

"Yes, promise?"

"Pinky promise?" I push further wiggling my pinky in front of him, he laughs knowing that I'm not actually in a bad mood.

"Pinky promise." He says locking his pinky with mine, "Now can we go back in?"

"Sure! What are you waiting for outside in such a cold weather? You're bound to start sneezing any moment now." I shout innocently and pull him back in the house.

Luke doesn't give me the questioning or the weirded out look over my craziness, he knows very well what kind of a sister he has.

"How are you squirt?" Luke asks me once we're back inside.

"I'm fine, everything's good. You tell me how was Switzerland? Did you learn to yodel?"

"You asked me this every time we talked while I was there and every time I say yodel-e-ee-oo." He tries to yodel, not too bad.