Chapter Two

((I'm not going to specify what part in here is a small spoiler to the journal, but there is a small spoiler for people who haven't read it yet, so I would suggest that if you don't want a small spoiler that you should wait to read this until you have the journal if you want. To all of you who don't mind, or who are ready for this to start, LET US BEGIN!))

The night went the same as most night went...or more specifically the last month or so. Ever since the mark of half of the summer to be precise. The night containing the horrifying, disturbing, terrible nightmares. Yes, he'd tried dream catchers...tons of them. Heck, he had one on his nose because there were so many that Mabel made for him. Homemade, store-bought, it was all the same result. Unlucky. As soon as the moon was the only bright circle in the sky, that's when he considered it the worst time of the day. He didn't want to sleep sometimes, no matter how tired he was.

After Mabel's Sock Opera is just when things got from bad to worse. Dipper had fallen on his bed from exhaustion that night, wincing at all his wounds, but when he woke up, he found them all bandaged up with a first aid kit nearby, courtesy of Mabel. One of the first things he did that morning(since Mabel insisted that he should get at least a bit more rest than usual)was grab the journal from the table. He snatched a pen and went to write down yesterday's entry...when he saw it had already been done for him. His sister had written in it...and it showed a picture of Bipper and...some note on the next page beside it. It wasn't from his twin...so he decided to have a look.

"Note to self: possessing people is hilarious!"

'It's from Bill' he thought silently as his eyes continued to skim down that page.

"To think of all the sensations I've been missing out on-burning, stabbing, drowning. It's like a buffet tray of fun! Once I destroy that journal, I'll enjoy giving this body it's grand finale-by throwing it off the water tower!! Best of all, people will just think Pine Tree lost his mind, and his mental form will wander in the mindscape forever. Want to join him, Shooting Star?"

After that, his eyes wished he had not seen it. That scared him to death(pun not intended). Not only was Bill out to kill him, but he could've killed his sister in the act too if he had won that Sock Opera. The boy's arms hugged the stuffed animal tight as the memory replayed in his head.

That was his nightmare for the night.

Dipper was staring at the page with the note..that somehow had little droplets of blood on it. Right after re-reading it, his breathing pace increased as he placed a hand on his forehead with his eyes watery. Then, the page started to have even more red drops as it seemed to write something in it...

"you aRe not safe."

His eyes widened. But wait, there was more.

"yoU cannot escape me."

The last words were written the messiest of them all.

"give iN, Pine Tree."

The 12-year old stared in horror as the page was seen with the red writing that soon started running down the page and dropping onto the floor in small droplets. He backed up and froze when he felt something hit(or touch, it felt the same)his back. The hairs on his arm stood up as he had the courage to turn around to face what it was.

Huge mistake.

A large black figure with sharp teeth, gooey and malicious, stared at him with red beady eyes. It lunged forward, and before the boy had any time to react, it was too late.

Dipper jolted awake, letting out a small scream as he found himself drenched in sweat, with the journal at his side as well as the stuffed animal his sister gave him that night. On the table was a plate of food sitting next to his watch. He squinted at his watch, which read: '10:18AM' then looked at the plate, which had a (probably cold)breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast. He wasn't that hungry anyways...