The Alec Lightwood Cancer Research Foundation

Alec Pov- I walked into my lab carrying so many boxes that they were pretty much towering over me. "A little help would be nice" I said knowing Andrew would be in the lab. He giggled walking over to me and taking some of the boxes, allowing me to be able to see again.

"What could possibly be in all of these boxes" Andrew asked sarcastically. He knew very well what was inside them. It was all the herbs and antibiotics I have shipped in from around the world to make his medication.

"You sure ordered a lot this time huh? It must have been pricey" he said putting the boxes down and opening some of them. I put my boxes down before walking over to him "It costs way more but it's worth it in the long run. It's better to have extra medication then taking the chance of you running out like last time."

He nodded, turning to look at me smiling "aren't you forgetting something?"

I pretended to think about it smiling "hmmm did I forget one of the boxes?" Andrew smacked me in the arm making me laugh. "How rude walking into a room and not even kissing your husband hello. I thought you were better than that" Andrew said trying to look mad but couldn't keep the smile off his face.

"Oh how rude of me" I mocked before wrapping my arms around his waist pulling him close. He turned his head away once again trying to look mad "nope. You lost your chance Lightwood." "Oh don't be like that babe" I said trying to kiss him but he kept moving his face away laughing "no, bad husbands don't get kisses."

I finally managed to get my lips on his and he laughed slightly, kissing me back. Once I broke the kiss I smiled down at him, moving a strand of hair out of his face. He brushed me off, moving out of my arms smiling "Are you ready for your charity event tonight? A lot of people are scheduled to attend."

I nodded walking over to my desk and picking up the invite list. "Speaking of my guests, I need to look over this guest list so I have a good idea on who all is coming."

Andrew frowned before running over grabbing the list out of my hand "no you can't do that." I blinked confused "why not?" He folded up the list and stuck it in his pocket "You are busy enough as it is. You don't have to worry about the guests because I'm taking over being in charge of their seating arrangements and amount of food."

"Andrew you don't have to do that. It's my event so I should be the one who looks out for the guests. Besides, if I don't know who's all coming how can I prepare to talk to anyone?"

I may have gotten over a huge chunk of my social anxiety but that didn't mean I didn't still have it. It helps me to know who I will be talking to so I can practice in advance. Not know who will be there just makes me nervous."

"You already know a big chunk of people coming. Jace, Isabelle, your parents, Magnus. You'll be great as long as you're surrounded by all of them" He said smiling.

I frowned looking back at him "what was that last one?"

"What one? Your parents" he asked looking confused.

"No. I could have sworn you said Magnus."

"Why would I say that? You're hearing things dear" he said walking to the door.

I frowned watching him "Andrew I hope you aren't planning something behind my back. You know I don't like surprises." Andrew looked back at me smiling "what kind of husband would I be if I went behind your back like that?"

With that he walked out of the lab and I was left alone. "It had to be my imagination. Sure a lot of fashion investors are coming tonight but there's no way Magnus would be one of them."

The thought of seeing Magnus after so long made my face flush and I smacked myself for it. "Stop that Alec. Magnus hurt you and used you. He never even knew you existed until it was convenient for him. Besides, you're happily married to Andrew so there's no reason to even think about Magnus."