Chapter 17- Kate

Chapter 17- Kate

Deadly Virus Outbreak Strikes NJ

On  March 15th, at Franklin D. Middle School in Wayne, NJ, a contagious and dangerous virus began its spread across town. Starting in a ninth grade classroom, the cause of the disease is unknown. The sickness spread throughout the school, and later into the streets of Wayne when the school was evacuated. Many students were taken to the hospital for examination and treatment for the virus's deadly affects. Known side affects of the virus include immunity to cold, nausea, increased strength, and dizziness. 132 students and countless others filled up the city's hospitals as they were examined for the virus. News of treatment still awaits as this new epidemic is being contained.

Deadly Epidemic Vanquished!

On March 23rd, the new treatment for the "HPB" Virus began on all of the infected.

Dr. Jane Barbera, a collaborator in finding the virus treatment, says that the virus treatment was found very quickly due to "a incredibly large amount of similarities to pneumonia", proving that the "virus was not as deadly as people thought". However, the strains of bacteria for "HPB" had a redder, almost hot pink color to it.

Treatment was quickly applied to all patients, and by March 25th, all of the sick were cured and released from their medical quarters. 

However, not before the virus had claimed one life. Katerina Meddlock, Age 15, was pronounced dead from the virus before treatment began on March 21. No information on the body or burial was shared.

Despite the life lost and the time and hard work taken to find the cure, the spreading epidemic has finally been contained.