five

You strolled home from the bus stop at a leisurely pace, texting Sonic with a quick message, as you two had exchanged phone numbers not too long ago, after Sonic practically begged for you to let him text you because "you're too interesting for me not to talk to you!" Digging your keys out of your pocket, you gently skipped up the steps to your house and unlocked the door, leaving your shoes on the mat and practically sprinting up the stairs; who knew that your first day would get you so much math and English homework? You left your backpack in a corner next to your bed, pulling out the sheets and binders that you needed. Your hand somehow found its way into your back pocket, and noticing a certain slip of paper missing, you paled. No personal information was on there, right? After concluding that nothing was on there that could really affect you aside from the sentimental value of your father's messy scrawl, you cracked your neck, stretching yourself out before taking a seat at your desk.

Spreading the math homework over your wooden desk, you groaned and huffed, pulling your calculator from a drawer, sighing lightly. Time to get to work.

--

A rather loud snore erupted from you, your cheek covered in graphite smudges as you soundly slept with your face resting on math worksheets, a small dribble of drool slipping from the corner of your mouth. The sound of the doorknob downstairs being furiously rattled woke you slightly, your eyes still half-lidded and filled with sleep. Raising an eyebrow when you heard it again, you say up slowly, pushing yourself out of your chair and walking over to your closet. Pulling the door open, you rummaged around quietly for a baseball bat, your heart now erratically beating against your chest. You closed your eyes and breathed slowly, hearing the sounds die down. Only one way to figure out what's going on, you thought grimly, keeping a firm hold on the bat.

An uneasy feeling made itself present in your stomach, but you pushed your bedroom door open easily, softly stepping on a stair as you tried to quietly make your way to the main level. Scampering on the balls of your feet, luck unfortunately wasn't on your side as the baseball bat slipped from your grasp, sliding down three steps and then tipping over, slamming into the floor with an almighty thud. "Crap," you whispered to yourself, noticing that the ruckus you caused was a dead giveaway of your location. You stood, still as a statue on the carpeted stairs, (e/c) hues wide with shock and fear.

"Oh?" A voice said, causing your heart to lurch as a figure walked over and bent down to pick up the fallen bat. "What do we have here?" The intruder examined the bat, your breath caught in your throat as you prayed to whatever God above that he didn't see you. Unfortunately, his eyes scaled up the stairs and finally reached your terrified self, a smirk growing on his lips, a hand slicking back his green quills. "She just told me to get the money, nothing about a hot babe," he purred, playing with the baseball bat in a teasing manner. "Come here, will you?" His blue eyes bore holes into your own as you slowly stepped down each stair, the eye contact unwavering.

He grabbed your arm in a vice like grip as soon as you stepped down, his sharp teeth flashing as he grinned. "Ready for some fun?" The last word was whispered, nearly a moan as he began to guide you further into the house.

He dragged you to the basement, your lips moving in a silent prayer and apology to everyone you'd ever wronged. "Please, sir, let me go. Take whatever money you'd like but pleas-"

"Shut up, toots. I like em' loud but not like this," he growled, slamming you into a nearby wall. You stumbled, falling onto the safe, some small beeps indicating that you pressed some buttons.

He gave you a serene smile, causing goosebumps to rise on your skin from the intensity of his gaze. "Don't struggle too much, yeah? It'll hurt more if you thrash about," he threatened lowly, trying to pin you down. Your eyes welled with tears as despair took over, your face turning left and right to avoid his own advancing one. He licked his lips as they were only centimetres away from your own quivering ones, lust clouding his eyes.

Suddenly he reeled back, stumbling while clutching his bicep, which seemed to be bleeding. "What the hell?" He exclaimed incredulously, features distorted with pain. "What's going on?" He yelled through clenched teeth, blue eyes wide and calculating. Deciding this was no longer worth the time or energy, he bolted up the stairs, fleeing fast while swearing loudly.

The basement was now filled with an eerie smoke and you could only halfheartedly pay attention, your focus slipping in and out due to extreme exhaustion. As your eyes threatened to close, you saw a gun clatter to the floor a few feet away from you as you collapsed to the ground, white shoes stepping in front of you.

That's when everything went black.