ending 2; shadow

You left your house, nearly tripping over your own feet. Your face flushed as you ran, (h/c) locks flying everywhere. Where the hell is he? A frown etched itself onto your lips, your phone beeping, signalling that you received a text. Pulling out the small device, you glanced at the new text from none other than Silver.

Any luck?

You shook your head, responding accordingly. Sighing unhappily, you ran a hand through your slightly disheveled (h/c) hair. You slowly began to saunter along, checking your text messages and replying as needed. You were exhausted, the events of earlier causing your mind to fizz out and blur the edges of your vision.

Stumbling, you walked into a nearby café with intentions of ordering some coffee and maybe a muffin. You placed your order, slumping into a cozy chair.

The waiter arrived with your order, his ebony quills swaying as a stoic look was evident in his ruby red eyes. The red that lined his quills matched his shoes. You violently coughed, causing him to snap his head in your direction. Crimson met (e/c), a gloved hand extended to pat you on the back.

A voice as smooth as silk, and deep as the sea. "Are you alright, miss?"

"Excuse me?"

Your eyes snapped open, meeting the friendly brown eyes of the waitress. "You've been here for some hours, we didn't want to disturb you, but it's closing time."

You blushed, yet swore quietly. "I'm sorry. I must have dozed off!" She smiled sweetly and walked away, telling you to enjoy your meal. After you noticed that your hot chocolate was cold and so was your muffin, you inhaled everything within seconds, not minding the fact that it wasn't warm enough. Throwing away your paper cup and muffin wrapper, you left the café, surprised to see that the moon was out. How long did I sleep for?

Strolling down the sidewalk, the pale moon gazed upon you, a breeze sweeping by. You decided to go to the beach nearby, concluding that you would continue your search for the hot hedgehog tomorrow, if he hadn't already left town.

The smell of salt water reached your nostrils, causing you to emit a sigh of pleasure. Slipping off your shoes, you held them in one hand while walking along the shore, small waves of water splashing onto your bare feet. You shivered slightly, a breeze slipping by. You took a seat on the sand, cheeks flushed.

Why is this so difficult? Does he hate me enough to leave the city? Where could I possibly find him now?

Thoughts clouded your mind as you frowned deeply, dwelling on the fact that Shadow was nowhere to be seen. A tear silently glided down your cheek, dropping off your chin and onto your shirt. The small droplet of water immediately dispersed, leaving a darker (f/c) patch on your pale top.

Tears blurred your vision as they continued to fall, you occasionally raising a weak hand to sloppily wipe them away.

Your arms ached from holding your body upright, so you let them return to your sides as you stood up, again beginning to walk.

Looking out to the moon, your eyes reflected its opaque colour, admiring the way it looked on the surface of the ocean. You mindlessly continued to walk until your foot hit something.

The distinct sound of metal clicking into place was heard, as you were pushed onto the ground, a foot firmly resting on your stomach and a gun pointed directly at your face.

"Name and business."

You sighed upon hearing that voice, eyes closing in happiness and relief. A few tears slipped down the side of your face, landing in the grainy sand. "It's (y/n). I was looking for you."

The pressure on your stomach lifted, inviting you to stand up. "I don't want to speak with you." He swiftly turned away from you, beginning to walk. You jogged up to him, yanking on his arm and slamming your lips onto his. He applied more force into the kiss, returning it without hesitation. His arms roughly wrapped themselves around your waist, pulling you against him. Your hands rested at his shoulders, moving your lips in sync with Shadows. He bit softly on your lower lip, causing you to gasp as he slipped his tongue in, the taste of mint very prominent.

Your lungs screamed for air as you separated, fulfilling their needs as you went in for another kiss.

Finally moving apart, both of you panting, you leaned towards his ear, arms still around his neck. "I love you."

His grip on you tightened as he placed a kiss on your jaw. "Love you too. Now Faker can learn his lesson."

Gasping, you gently hit him over the head. "Don't be too arrogant, now."