Hayley ; This Stinks

Chapter One

Hayley's bright orangey-red hair fell in her face as she talked on the phone with her boyfriend Josh.

The phone laid between her shoulder and ear as she tried to talk to the male whilst cooking Top Ramen.

"What do you mean by 'take a break'?" Hayley questioned Josh through the phone, she couldn't believe her ears, her boyfriend of three years wanted a break.

He simply replied with the usual bullshit, like 'we've grown apart' or 'it doesn't feel the same'. Most of the stuff Hayley didn't buy, she sighed and took a breath.

"Josh, breaks always lead to breakups, so to save us the trouble, I'm going to break up with you and pretend you and I never happened. Bye!" She said in a monotone before hanging up the phone.

She let out a long sigh as she set her phone down the counter, finishing up her ramen before she decided she should go out tonight. To a bar, those were fun and full of single people, right?

Hayley decided her pajamas wouldn't cut it when it came to the bar so she headed into her room to find something...a bit more revealing.

She bit her bottom lip as she thought what she could wear. There was always that little black dress, or that red miniskirt and those few crop tops. Hayley wasn't the best when it came to fashion, her sense of style was a bit...different than most people's.

After ten minutes of pondering of what she was going to wear, she decided on wear a miniskirt with a red bralette. Nothing too special, she convinced herself.

Her medium length orange hair was thrown back in a messy bun. She brushed out her mess of a hair out before tying it up in a high ponytail; a neat one, that is.

What even is neat? She thought to herself, biting her lip as she tied her hair up.

The female grabbed her bag as she slipped her vans on, heading onwards to the small bar she was going to.

[••]

The bartender put another row of shots on the counter. Hayley and a group of random strangers that had became her 'friends' began to cheer drunkenly as they each took a shot.

The liquid burned as it flowed down her throat. It didn't matter though, this was her way of having fun, she decided. This was going to be the way she was going to celebrate...celebrate what exactly? Being free? Chad wasn't a mean guy, just a bit controlling at times.

One of the girls in her small group of 'friends' tapped her shoulder then pointed to the stage where a few mics sat, a few screens reading "bar karaoke, press 'start' to select song". The alcohol was kicking in. Normally, Hayley was much too shy to even think about singing in front of her family, let alone a full bar.

But this Hayley didn't care, in fact, she liked the attention. She liked the roar of drunken people chanting her on to sing some random song.

"What'll be miss?" A man asked, he sat by a laptop which presumably controlled the TV screens showing the words. His name tag read 'Chad'.

Hayley just chuckled, hiccuped and then began to speak, "Have anything from Fall Out Boy?" she asked, her words slurring into one another.

He just nodded and said, "Which one?"

"I Don't Care because that's one kickass song!" She yelled again, hiccuping halfway through.

He handed her a mic and the music began to play. She smirked, walking onstage. This Hayley was a rebel, she practically sucked up attention, the same smirk always perched on her face.

"Say my name..." She began to sing, the crowd beginning to roar. It started with a low rumble to the crowd screaming by the time she got to the chorus.

"I don't care what you think! As long as it it's about me!" She belched out, the crowd roaring louder than ever. The smirk on her face beginning to grow even more.

She danced around on stage during the instrumental, her hand running through her now messy orange hair.

[••]

She drunkenly stumbled off the stage, walking out of the bar before bumping into someone's chest.

"Watch where you're going!" She slurred, laughing afterwards. Her eyes widening when she realized who it was.

Taylor York; someone who went to same highschool. Well, he wasn't just 'someone'. He was her highschool crush. That one guitarist whom she thought was cool.

"Hayley?" He said, his jaw dropping.

// a/n: cliffhanger bc i'm fucking evil :D