17

The party starts at six and it was already three in the afternoon. DC and I made out for a bit after he took me to my room before he left telling me goodnight yesterday. This morning at breakfast Emily apologized after arguing with DC for a bit. After a while though you could tell she wasn't sorry at all.

 "It was worth it wasn't? I saw you two this morning, DC looking happier than he's ever been and you Anani looking fine as fuck," Emily says. DC glares at her but I find it amusing. I can only imagine what it’s like to have a sibling.

By noon we had watch a few movies in the theatre room, just DC and I until Emily joined us and began commenting on everything that we were doing. When she came in the room the first time, I was lying on top of DC, a warm blanket on me and popcorn on the side. We watched the movie but most of my attention was on my ear as I listened to his heart beating. It was nice and soothing but like I said; Emily came in. Apparently DC and I always look adorable and ten minutes away from heading upstairs to her. I, personally, was aware of the need to stay by his side all the time no matter what, but I was embarrassed to point it out. Around one Emily left the theatre leaving both of us alone for a while longer. Nothing happened to say the least but I do miss him.

 Two hours later I was standing up looking at myself in the mirror, wearing my outfit I had for tonight. I decided to keep it simple: a baby blue and white, long dress with intricate, lightly fabricated sleeves that were designed to look like snowflakes with most of my back showing, along with dark blue heels and  dazzling dark blue eyeshadow that made my eyes glow as well. I had a white pearled necklace but I think it’s a bit much although I wouldn’t know. I left my hair down and made it into deep waves with small diamond earrings, hoping it was ballroom dancing material. Emily barged into my room unannounced looking around on the ground. She had on a black knee length dress that was twenty percent frills with a bit of green lining around the rims. She had a matching choker on her neck and her hair was half up half down, the ends curled. Her makeup was light but extravagant.

 "Hey have you seen some green killer pumps that--" she stood dead in her tracks before staring at me.

 "Wow, you look priceless. Beautiful," she says. I smile acknowledging her compliment.

 "Thanks Em," I say. "You look fantastic as well." She rolled her eyes.

 "Duh, but I'm screwed if I don't find those shoes!" She says walking out the door. I shake my head and smile feeling nervous. I've never been to a ball before. I've never been to a dance or a party so i only expect what television had to offer me which isn't much. I sigh as I shake off the nervousness that seemed to be latching onto me before grabbing a small white bag and walking down the stairs.

 Apparently DC had left earlier after the movie marathon to prepare and organise everything at the party location so only Emily and I were going to ride together. I was waiting for Emily in the car when the door opens. My eyes go wide when King Xavier steps in and sits down across from me.

 "Sorry to interrupt but we never officially got to discuss... whatever this situation is. Would you mind telling me what happened, beginning with the battle tournament?" He says getting straight to the point. I gulp completely nervous and surprised. I unknowingly stuttered my way through my first sentence fully aware that his patience was running low.

 "I tried defend myself but it got out of hand quickly," I said. He leans forward, never breaking eye contact. His eyes narrowed and his voice got sharp.

 "Listen here and listen closely. I don't care who you are. You’re a nobody, an expendable, trespassing on my territory, but I saw the video so I want to know what you are. You hold power that can be a threat and I have ways of dealing with threats. Not only are you causing a commotion in my own house but the council is on my back about controlling my territory. You’re making problems for me that shouldn’t be there," he says icily.