A Helping Hand

Welp, I'm back, after a year. Wow, I'm a terrible person. Will you forgive me if I give you cookies? (::)   There! Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------0----------------------------------------------------------------------0

I tried to stand up, but the wounds that cover my body prevented me, so I just fell back onto the ground.

"Let me help you!" the guy exclaimed before running over to me. He dropped to his knees and his hands went to my arms, which weren't scratched up as the rest of my body. "I have to get you to a hospital!"

My eyes widened before I violently shook my head.

He looked at me. " I don't care if you have a phobia of something. This is really bad!" He shouted, get hysterical. I saw him reach into his pocket before pulling out his phone.

I reacted before I thought. I snatched the phone right out of his hand and chucked it into the field.

"What the hell!"

I shook my head even more, before falling onto my back.

"Why did you just do that?" He asked. I couldn't respond to him, and this got him mad. "Maybe I should just leave you here and let the cops deal with you!"

Again, before I even thought, I signed the words, " I can't go!"

now it was his turn for his eyes to widen. " You can't talk."

I shook my head for what seems like the thousandth time that night.

"I can understand sign language, you know? My brother was mute too." He said. "So why can't you go?"

"Did you see everything that happened? I murdered that guy right there, and when they check those surveillance cameras, they will know it's me."

"You're the Runaway, aren't you." I nodded my head this time. " I heard about you on the news just this morning."

He seemed to think for a moment.

"I don't live that far from here, and my roommate is a doctor. If I can get you to our house, then you're wounds get get taken care of." He told me.

"I'd hate to be an intrusion."

"You wouldn't be. I'd be glad to help the famed hero of this fine country." He exclaimed. "But I think you owe my your name."

"Macy."

"Splendid. My name is Austin."