-Chapter Four-

Three weeks had passed since the whole Flowey thing, bringing December and snowfalls. Frisk had taken up knitting, and was working on a Christmas present for Chara, a little Asriel toy holding a real chocolate bar. She kept messing up the eyes, having to pull out the yarn and trying again.

Chara was often in their room, only emerging for meals, and even then she was distracted. Frisk didn't know what exactly she was doing, but figured that it had something to do with getting Asriel back.

"Frisk! Could you please come here my child?"

She got up, sticking the half finished toy under the yarn and walked to her mom, who looked at her, concern shining in her eyes.

"Could you take Chara somewhere? She's been in that room all week."

"Will do, mom."

She skipped up the stairs and knocked on the door. As she pushed it open, she caught a glimpse of what Chara was doing on her laptop. Hydroelectric power plants was in the Google search bar. She was looking for large power sources.

     "Hey. I'm here to collect that raincheck lunch."

     Chara cast one last look at the laptop before getting up. She sighed.

"Okay. Where do you want to go?"

"I don't know, how about The Bear's Paw?"

The Bear's Paw is a Canadian style restaurant famous for its poutine* and hand crafted drinks. Frisk preferred it to Grillby's, and the argument over which was better was one of the only fights they had.

"Heh, still trying to get me to like it more?"

"Oh, come on Chara! If you'd just try the cream soda!"

     "As if."

                                           ---

     Frisk smiled as Chara pulled out her chair. Sitting down, she picked up a menu. Glancing at the lowered prices, she said to Chara,"See, it's not outrageously expensive either!" To that, she didn't reply.

     Frisk ordered a grilled chicken sandwich with a side of poutine and a cherry soda. Chara got a small pepperoni pizza with fries and an orange cream soda.

     They ate in silence, wrapped in the chatter of the restaurant. Suddenly, Chara stopped eating and tilted her head, listening to the people next to them.

"-eave. I don't think they should be allowed any where near us. They're so, weird, ya know?"

"I totally agree. Monsters shouldn't be allowed to be in the city. I mean, six kids died to the hands of monsters. And that ambassador, I think the fall addled her brain."

Frisk scowled. She thought that after five years, they would have gotten used to monsters. She stood up despite Chara's silent protests.

"That ambassador is standing right next to you."

"Oh! Um, I di-"

"I don't know if you work here, but I know I didn't order a glass of your opinion."

People at nearby tables couldn't hold back their laughter. Even a passing waiter had to cover his smile with his hand.

     "But,"Frisk continued,"it appears that some people can't wrap their tiny brains around the fact that monsters deserve to live on the surface more than them."

     She stormed out the restaurant, face red. Chara hurried after her, setting down some money on the table and casting an apologetic glance to the hostess. Catching up to Frisk, she walked along side her, having to sort of trot to keep up. She didn't want to say anything, she had never seen Frisk so angry. There was a sigh.

"Ugh. I'm sorry Chara. I shouldn't have acted out like that. I just-"

"No no. Don't say anything. It's fine. Wanna go for a walk through the forest?"

Frisk nodded and they changed their course and exited the town. Trees soon surrounded them as they traveled along the gravel road. The chirping of birds grew louder as the trees became thicker. Chara smiled, grabbing Frisk's hand. The sounds of the forest was pleasant, but there was a strange sound, like someone throwing rocks. Suddenly, Frisk pushed her of the road.

"Look out!"

A car came screeching down the road from the direction of the mountain, spraying up gravel. Chara collapsed as a chunk of rock hit her knee. The car swerved off the road and hit a tree with an ear splitting crunch.

"Chara!"

"I'm ow, fine. Go help them."

She ran off to the car, from which a man and a woman had emerged.

The woman was crying out,"My baby! My baby! I can't get her!"

Frisk hurried over to the car, wrenching open the door and pulling out a baby, car seat and all. The man walked over to Chara, helping her up.

"Oh gosh, are you okay? I'm Justin and my wife is Alexia.

She put her leg on the ground, wincing as a bolt of pain shot through her knee. There was a cut, and she'd have large bruise later. "Yeah, I'm good. What happened?"

"We went for a drive up the mountain, to see the memorials," There were memorials on the top of the mountain for the six fallen children."One of them was my wive's brother. On our way down, the brakes stopped working. You know the rest. I'm so sorry."

     "It's... Okay. How is she?"

     Chara gestured toward his wife and child.

     "She was just scared. Heh, that was an old car. Oh, I forgot to ask, what's your names?"

     "I'm Chara, and that's my gi-" She coughed,"sister, Frisk"

     "Well, thank goodness y'all were here. My daughter, Malayia, is only a month old and it's getting cold. So I suppose we should get going. We live in Teralor, the city past Ebott View."

     "Oh."Chara thought for a bit, then began cautiously,"Maybe you could stay at our house. We have an extra bedroom. It might be... Strange though. We're not a normal family. Then tomorrow you could rent a car or something. Hey Frisk."

     Frisk walked up, holding the baby, Alexia following. Justin looked conflicted.

     "We don't want to trouble you anymore. We'll find a hotel or something.

     "Nonsense! Mom would be happy to have guests!" She caught Frisk's eye, who had realized what Chara had offered. There was one thought flowing through both of their heads.

     Do they know about the monsters?

     Oi guys! Update here. Not much to say. Hope you enjoyed!