f i v e

f i v e

On his computer screen, Yixing could see Sun with her smiling face as she sat in a small, and dimly lit room

On his computer screen, Yixing could see Sun with her smiling face as she sat in a small, and dimly lit room. Squinting his eyes to try to get a better look at her surroundings, he asked her, "Where are you, jagiya? It looks like you're sitting in a laundry room." He took one guess. The lighting and color of the walls reminded him of the laundry room in the SM Town dorm building, and he assumed that all laundry rooms looked like that.

Sun gave a shake of her head, replying in something of a whisper. "I'm locked up in my hotel room's closet." She explained with a grin.

She didn't want to be too loud because her room mate was sleeping just a few feet away, even if her voice was muffled by the closed door. One can never be too careful, the maknae of Baby Lips thought to herself.

As an idea came to him, he said aloud, making a mental note. "Maybe the storage closet in the laundry room can be a good hide out...I'll have to scope it out later."

Snapping her fingers in front of the screen to get his attention, Sun said to her boyfriend, "Focus, baobei. We don't have much time." 

"Right." He nodded quickly in agreement. A smile formed on his lips. "How was your flight to China? Did you get there safely? Are you comfortable? How is everything?" As he bombarded her with questions, he couldn't help but look proud of his country and the fact that she was getting to see it. Every time he returned he thought about how comfortable the people made him feel and how much he loved his country. He thought about how much he missed the place he knew as home. 

"I'm fine." She assured him with a small nod of her head. And with a sigh, she added, "But I miss you tons, baobei. I wish you were here so we could cuddle and watch movies all night, pigging out on pizza, chips, and ice cream. I need a night like that, Yixing." 

The twenty year old often thought about how her life would be if she were a normal girl. She could do anything she wanted, she could eat anything she wanted, and she could date anyone she wanted. She loved music, and she loved her life as an idol. But some days she felt like leaving it all behind for just one day, running away for just one day, and spending it with Yixing without worrying about what people would say. 

The reality was different, and there she was, skyping her secret boyfriend whilst hiding in a hotel closet in China

To have a night like that with Yixing was something she could only dream about. Her room mate Saris was like a watch dog, taking her responsibilities as group leader way too seriously. It was difficult for her to get away for a few hours in the middle of the night, and even more difficult for her to stay out the whole night with him. Then there were his group mates who would also be wondering where he was. There was so much at stake, so much for them to lose if people found out about their relationship.

"One day." He promised, snapping her out of her thoughts.

-

At the SM Town dorm building, Yixing was locked up in the lounge room having a video chat with his girlfriend. It was the perfect time to do so, since his group had a light schedule that day and were given the rest of the afternoon for themselves, which meant most of the others had taken it as their opportunity to go out. They had only talked for a bit over a half hour when there was a knock on the lounge door that startled him. Whoever was on the other side of the door was knocking and tying to twist the doorknob to open at the door at the same time.