Episode Two - Explosive Evolution! Greymon

Art belongs to @kona081 on Twitter
https://twitter.com/kona081

==

The group of fourteen kids have been sent to a new world. A world much different from theirs. Each one of the fourteen kids met new and strange creatures known as Digital Monsters or Digimon for short. The meeting between the kids and Digimon is soon cut short when a new digimon, a giant red beetle known as Kuwagamon, decides to crash the party. The group was stuck between a river that was below the cliff they were on and a pair of giant pincers. The small baby digimon evolved to their child forms. Kuwagamon soon broke the ground that the kids and their digimons were on, sending them to their doom.

~~

The digimons with wings; Patamon, Piyomon, Tentomon, and Cupimon catch their human partners and try to fly up to put them out of harm's way. They call out their partners' names, but the weight of their human partners did not help.

Palmon holds onto Mimi tightly, and uses her ivy to laces a ledge. The rocks break apart from the wall and the rocks fall down towards the fallen children and digimon.

Joe and Gomamon are the first ones to fall into the water.

"Marching Fishes!" Gomamon calls out.

A huge amount of fishes, ranging in many colors, appear from the water. The fishes break the group's fall. Everyone is surprised and or confused about what they land on.

"Fishes?" Sara asks, confused.

"W-We're saved..." Taichi exclaims.

Yamato looks up with a surprised expression.

"Hey! Over there!" Yamato warns as he is still staring at the sky.

Everyone looked up. Kuwagamon along with a pile of rocks, various shapes and sizes, are falling down towards them. Everyone else shrieks from panic.

"Faster!" Gomamon commands.

"Hold on everyone! We're in for a ride!" Labramon exclaims.

"Aye!" Cupimon chirps.

Kuwagamon and the rocks come closer and closer to the group.

The fish raft moves faster as Kuwagamon and the rocks fall into the water behind them. The fall of the impact made a huge wave go towards the fish raft, containing the kids and their digimons.

The raft moves along the current leading them down the river course. The fish raft comes to a stop when they arrive near land. Everyone slowly gets off, relieved to be on solid land once again.

Yamato crosses his arms and looks away from his friends.

"Now we're finally out of danger." Yamato says, sighing in relief.

"Talk about a traumatic event!" Sayo shouts, flailing her arms.

Luna glances at the river, feeling a bit uncomfortable and slowly scoots away from the water trying not to draw attention to herself.

"What was the deal with those fishes?" Joe asks, confused.

"Those were my Marching Fishes." Gomamon answers, cheerfully.

Joe looks up at Gomamon with a confused and dazed expression. Gomamon has a (cute) smile on his face.

"I'm able to control fishes at will." Gomamon explains.

Joe fixes his glasses, smiling back at Gomamon.

"I see, so it was all thanks to you! Thank you, Pukamon... I mean... That is..." Joe says, sounding confused at the end.