Chapter 1

"If you leave, I...I'll scream!" a pinkette's voice rises out of the darkened silence. Crystal clear tears streamed down her cheeks. It was a cold night; one of those nights where you'd want to just stay at home and get out of the frigid wind.

A shadow appeared behind the child and she stopped in her tracks. It all happened so quickly, the pinkette couldn't even think before she was jabbed in her pressure point.

Was this really how it was supposed to end? The child had finally felt true happiness. Being on a team, creating bonds, and having fun...what more? Sure...the last few days with the Chunin Exams weren't exactly the best, but she'd learned a lot of things. So why now?

"You are...Haruno Sakura," a voice snaps the pinkette out of her thoughts. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked into a deep void of black.

"Who are you? How do you know my name?" the girl shot up, now alert. Last thing she remembered, she was by the west gate in Konoha with Sasuke and now she was...here.

"Child, you have a wish," the voice continues, but the girl doesn't listen. Sakura ran her hands through her cotton candy colored locks as her viridian eyes brimmed with tears.

"I'm dead! I'm dead!" she cried. "Sasuke killed me! I never got to get married! Have kids! Become useful, dammit!"

The voice grew agitated and a swirl of green flower petals blew around Sakura before bunching up in front of her and melting into the form of a girl. When completed, a girl, who looked about the age of Sakura, appeared. Her crimson roots were tied in two low pigtails and her cerulean orbs glared at the pinkette.

"Shut up! You're just unconscious!" the teen slaps Sakura's cheek. "Anyway... you have a wish, don't you?"

"Who the heck are you?" Sakura rubbed her red cheek. "Why am I here? I bet this is a genjutsu.."

"I just told you why you're here!" the girl almost screams. Composing herself, she wonders why she even called the child. "I am Ai, the goddess of love."

"I don't have a wish," Sakura tells her bluntly before walking away to try and find a way out. "See you around Ai."

"Hey!" Ai shouts and runs over, planting her body in front of Sakura. Their heights were seemingly different as Sakura looked down on the redhead in front of her. "You have a wish! To stop Sasuke Uchiha from leaving your village, right?! You need help with love!"

Sakura stopped and looked down at the ground, trying to fight the tears that were threatening to fall from her eyes. Ai smiled softly in sympathy of the pinkette's feelings.

"I can help you," the crimsonette whispers. For a moment, Sakura actually considered the offer before scoffing.

"I'm not stupid. I've learned to stop chasing him like a lost puppy. I'm not that girl I used to be! My hair is a reminder of that all the time! Besides, what do you know about love? You're younger than me!" Sakura grumbles, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Younger?!" AI became outraged. "Honey, I'm older than you'll ever be!"

"Then how do you suppose you can help me?" Sakura stared at the crimsonette, still in disbelief.

"Sora!" Ai called out. The pinkette jumped in surprise from the sudden outburst.  Another rush of green flower petals circled around the two girls and out came a boy with short, tussled white hair and violet eyes. He looked around the same age as the pinkette, but Sakura suspected otherwise.

"You called, Ai?" Sora smiled, and Sakura saw his face light up. He was the same height as her, unlike Ai. For a split second, he rivaled Sasuke in looks and the pinkette flushed.

"Sakura's going back in time," Ai determined. If Sakura had had some kind of drink, she would've definitely done a spit take.
"What?!" she screeched.
"You love Sasuke, right? Make him yours," Ai smiled.
"That's bad! Changing the past means changing the future," Sakura frowned, but Ai waved her off.

"That doesn't matter," Ai laughed. She turned to Sora and whispered something in his ear and Sora nodded.
"Are you ready, Sakura-chan?" Sora smiled.

"I'm not going back in time! My time with Sasuke is.." the teen gets cut off as her body starts to disappear into sparkles of nothingness. Ai waved and kissed Sora's cheek in thanks as the pinkette drifted away in shock.

The next thing the pinkette knew, she was in her bed in her bedroom. Sitting up instantly, she held her head as she feel dizziness from her sudden movement.

"Sakura! Do I have to call you again? Let's go! You're going to be late!" a voice called from outside her closed room door. She recognized it as her mother's and judging from the tone of voice, her mother had been calling for a long period of time.

Sakura moved out of her bed and go up, stretching. Everything looked alright. Nothing was missing, nothing looked out of place. She slowly rubbed her eyes. Maybe what happened was just a dream? Or maybe she was hallucinating. Someone had seen her outside last night and took her home...yeah, that seemed believable. 

But all that changed when she fully opened her eyes and looked in her full-length mirror. Her pink hair...the hair she'd so unskillfully cut in desperate need to escape...was once again at her waist. Frantic, the child looked on her desk to find her leaf headband missing. Feeling her head, she noticed it wasn't there either.

A click. Everything formed together in her head and she did the one thing that seemed to formulate in her head. Screamed.

You've just read Chapter 1 of "It's For The Best" by BlurredLove
Hehe, thank you! Even if you just stumbled upon this story by accident, thank you for reading it. Comments are very much appreciated. This is my first Sakura x Sasuke fan fic so if you have any consructive criticism, I'd love to hear it. Thank you!

♡ Amor In Wattyland