Chapter 5

"I don't want that."

Sakura turned her head to Naruto as she continued holding out the bell to him. Naruto rubbed his wrists, having been bruised a little by the ropes. He glanced at the bell and pushed it away back to Sakura.

"What are you doing? Take it, stupid." Sakura thrust it out to him once more.

"No. You earned that fair and square. Don't make me out like some charity case."

The two began to bicker about the bell, yelling at each other and pushing the bell back and forth between themselves. Kakashi sighed and took the bell out of Sakura's hands, holding it above the two in the middle. He turned his head to the pinkette and gazed at her with his one eye.

"Sakura Haruno, right? Why are you going to take the failing grade?"

Sakura looked up at him then glanced between her sensei and the bell. "Sensei, with all due respect, I'm weak and you know it. But, I will get stronger and that's a fact. I know you'd want Naruto to pass anyway. He has a big role to play later on. Stopping him here will only be crippling him. So, I'll fail for his sake."

Kakashi thought over her answer before glancing over at Sasuke, lowering the bell to his side. "Do you agree with her decision, Sasuke?"

"She's not wrong." He simply answered, placing his hands in his pockets.

Kakashi took the bells and put them in his pocket before leaving them behind at the training grounds. "I'll see you all bright and early here the day after tomorrow. You're dismissed."

❤ - ❤ - ❤ - ❤ - ❤

Sakura's alarm had been going off for the past hour as she laid on her bed, looking at herself in the mirror. Her parents were gone on errands, so the apartment was empty. Green flower petals flew into the room from the open window and swirled around in front of the mirror before they melted into the form of Ai.

"What are you doing, Sakura? You should be training."

"I'm thinking." The pinkette answered quietly and turned over so she was facing the wall. Yesterday after the arguments, Kakashi had basically hinted that they all passed since he called them all back for another practice for tomorrow. But as they were walking home, Naruto wouldn't stop looking at her.

"Sakura... You've been acting really weird lately." Naruto spoke up as the three stood in a line, walking down the street. "Why wouldn't you keep that passing grade? You like Sasuke, remember? That would mean that you would stand by him no matter what."

Sakura stepped ahead, walking a little faster. "We all passed anyway, so just forget about it."

After an awkward silence, Naruto said good bye and walked off home. Sakura offered to walk Sasuke home, but he refused as their houses were on opposite sides of the village anyway.

"I don't know what you're trying to do, but stop it." Sasuke walked away from her. "Mind your own business."

Sakura groaned and sat up. She slipped on her sandals as she heard the door open to her apartment, signalling her mother was home. She turned to Ai and thought back on the incident from yesterday.

"Where's Sora? Why didn't that 'superhuman' strength that he was talking about happen?"

Ai shrugged. "Sora's busy right now. I'll relay your message later. But you can't expect everything to happen just like that. You may have that strength and such, but right now, your body isn't physically prepared for that. Build your muscle, then get back to him."