"Fess Up"

Maya

The next day I wake up on the chair instead of Joshes arms. I remember us pretending that the floor was lava with Auggie. I must've fallen asleep.

"Maya get up you gotta get for school." I get up out of the chair and walk over to Josh. I purposely fall on him.

"Jaaaaawwwwwssssshhhh." He chuckles and sets me on top of him.

"Maaaayyyyyaaaaa." He roughly, but passionately kisses me. He pulls away. "Come on we gotta get to school." He puts me on the floor and stands up. Riley passes by. She sees my bare back because I'm wearing a crop top. It's still purple and it still hurts. She cups her hand over her mouth and tears roll down her face. She quickly leaves.

"Oh my god Josh." I tear up and hug Josh. He rubs my back.

"Don't beat yourself up Maya. Relax." I steady my breathing.

"Riley didn't have her backpack Josh I don't think she's going to school." He checks his phone.

"It's Saturday. You don't have school I think she went to see Lucas." I nod. We sit on the couch.

"What should we do today Josh?" He looks at me. He is brown eyes stare into my blue ones.

"Let's go to the coffee house." He stands up and takes his shirt off. He's about to put it on as he stops. He holds out his arms for a hug.

"Bring it in." I hug him tightly. His bare chest against my cheek makes me feel secure.

"Maya can I put my shirt on now." I laugh.

"Yeah Josh." I pull away from him and sit back on the couch. He slips his shirt on in one swift move.

I go to Riley's room and pull out my extra outfit. My leather boots and my army green shirt with my black jeans.

A few minutes later we pull up to the coffee house. We sit at a table in the window and Josh fiddles with his hands.

"Maya I have something to tell you and you have to swear not to tell anyone." He looks at me in all seriousness.

"Fess up Josh."

"My great grandfather once promised to give his friend a company when he died. He didn't trust the man after he promised so he gave it to someone else. The man who didn't get the company's daughter goes to my college. She takes pictures every time we hug or something like that and photoshops it to her face. She shows her jock boyfriend and he beats me up. She said she would break up with him and that he would kill me if she got with me. She said if I pointed out it was photoshop she would tell the whole school I was with a freshman in high school. And if I didn't pretend to date her she would kill me and call it suicide."

I feel tears are running down my face. "Why do you care if your dating a freshman in high school? You are and it kinda hurts that you don't want people to know." He grabs my hand.

"You know what...I don't. Let's tell Janet that we don't care." We start running out but I stop with a thought.

"Josh it could spread to to Riley, or Topanga or Auggie or Matthews or Lucas or MY ENTIRE SCHOOL." I can feel my boiling blood rushing through my veins. Josh comes back after me and kisses me. He pulls away after a few seconds.

"Relax. No one at my college is connected to your high school. It'll be okay." He presses his forehead against mine and gives me a white, toothy smile. The world is in my hands. My world is in my hands. Josh is my world and if anything ever happened to him who knows what I would be doing with my life.

We sit in his car and drive to the university. In the meantime Josh turns on our favorite song.

I'm only human can't you see

I made, I made a mistake

Please just look me in my face

Tell me everything's okay

I got it

He'll never be like you

We stop in the garage.

"Let's go stand up to this evil wicked witch." We get out of the car and walk to a large dorm room. Lots of girls try to flirt with Josh, but he puts his arm around my waist and pulls me to him. We reach a room. He squeezes my hand.

"Janet open up!" The door almost immediately opens.

"Come to stop me little Joshie?" She shows us into the room. She sits on her bed.

"Yes Janet. Tell the whole school that I'm dating a freshman. I'm not ashamed of it." She folds her arms.

"If you know what's better for you Josh, you won't make this mistake." She reaches into her closet and grabs something.

"Tell everyone." She chuckles and shows a knife.

"Oh Joshie the entire school already knows, but how about I make the situation twice as worse for you."I Before I know it I'm blacked out. The last thing I remember is Josh looking at me.

"Maya please wake up. Please.*sniffles* I am nothing without you." Josh I crying on my torso. I see my leg bandaged up. I run his back. He looks at me.

"M-Maya?" I smile at him. "Yes Josh?" He hugs me.

"Maya I thought you were gone." I laugh.

"I'm fine Josh. What happened? I feel a huge cut in my leg and it hurts." He sighs.

"She stabbed you Maya. But when the paramedics got there I told them a knife fell. We'll get back at her."

"Let's take our minds off her and think about us."

"Maya we need to find a solution."

"Josh us!"

"Stop it." He chuckles.

"No." I smile at him.

Topanga and Cory and Mom walk in.

"Maya oh my goodness are you okay?" My mom comes over and starts to cry. She grabs my hand.

"I can't pay for this Maya I might be arrested once you get out." Cory and Topanga come next to my mother.

"She was with a Matthews while it happened. The Matthews will pay." Topanga pats moms back.

"Thank you." She cries in Topanga's hug. The nurse walks in.

"Excuse me visitor hour is over and the person who brought her in can stay." My mom is dragged away by Topanga.

"Josh take care of my daughter." He nods to her.

I scoot over and he lays next to me. I put my head on his chest. He kisses my forehead and I fall asleep to the sound of his breathing.