7/27 'Before the storm'

In light of 7/27 I'm giving you guys a 'Before the storm' exclusive. This is the story where Lauren was adopted by a Jewish couple in 1925. Please tell me your opinions and concerns or whatever. This is only the prologue so it gets better I promise. So enough of this. LET THE READING BEGAN.

"Hello mom" I said greeting my adopted mother and kissed her on the cheek.

"Hello dad" I said kissing his cheek to.

"Hello horrible siblings" I said greeting my younger sister, Taylor, and younger brother ,Chris.

"Hello" my mom and dad said.

Chris flicked my off while my patents eyes were on me and Taylor just blew me a kiss.

"Lauren" my mom started.

"I know already mom. Take the allies on the way to school. Make sure I walk with my friends. If I see the soldiers make sure I walk past them quietly with my head down and no eye contact" I said repeating the same speech she's given me every morning for 2 years.

"I'm just worried Lauren. We might have to take you out of school soon Lauren it's not safe. Just yesterday they took the o'neals." She said trying to remain strong but her eyes showed the real fear.

"If it makes you happy I can skip school today" I said rubbing her back. I understand her worries. It seemed like just last month we had a full school and now we can all fit into the smallest classroom.

"Yes that will make me happy" she said rubbing her cold fingers.

"Momma. Do you want me to get you a blanket" I asked her softly.

She smiled gently "Please baby"

I nodded and ran upstairs to get her a blanket. I remember being younger and everything came easy. We didn't have to worry about walking to school or hanging out with friends. We used to have heat. My parents used to have jobs. We used to live in a bigger house and we had food other then bread and rotten fruit to eat for months. Although it may seem like I'm complaining I'm not. I know I could be in a camp somewhere. My boyfriend could be dead. I could have no family. As long as we were together I was okay.

"Here you go momma" I said wrapping her around the blanket.

"Suck up" I heard chris say under his breath.

"Shut up Christopher" I said siting down and started to eat my oatmeal and toasted bread.

"Please Lauren don't use that language" my dad said.

"Sorry daddy"

"I don't even understand why you guys are worried about Lauren she's not actually Jewish" chris said confused.

"Look at your sister chris. What is she wearing?" My father asked.

"She has on a plaid skirt a white button up and a jacket." He said confused.

"What is on her jacket chris"

"A star"

"Exactly a gold 6 point star that is on the clothes of everyone else in this house. Now look around her at her family. Lauren is just as much a part of this family as you are if not more considering she's been apart of this family longer than you have. You're sister is apart of us and what are" he asked chris sternly.

"We're Jewish" he said sinking into his chair.

"Then so is she" he barked at my brother.

BANG BANG BANG

"Lauren take your sister and brother to the back room and hide in the cellar." My dad said frantically but as quietly as he could.

I quickly grabbed their hands and did as my dad told.