Chapter 1 Reborn Dreams

Yukine sits in his room at his desk writing down stuff on his notebook and sighed looking out the window. He missed the times when Yato would burst into his room and dragged him somewhere.

Yukine missed when Yato would hug him at random times and happily exclaimed that they have a job.

Blinking a few times he tried to keep himself from crying again over it but he couldn't help it.

He felt like it was his fault that Yato died as it was his job as a regaila to protect him.

But he couldn't remember who killed him it happened to fast, all he knew was that he layed on the floor in sword form and Yato was on the floor a small distance away from him....

Yukine clenched his teeth tightly staring at his notebook seeing some drops of tears land on top of his notebook frowning he rapidly wipes away the tears and stood up roughly from his desk and walked to his room door.

Yukine took a shaky breath trying to calm his emotions and puts his hand on the door knob and pulled open the door, walks down the stairs.

"Oh hey Yukki!!" Kofuku said with her usual optimism as she pours herself tea and smiled at the regalia.

"Hello..." Yukine muttered sitting down on the opposite side of the table and took her offer for tea.

Kofuku hums to herself as she pours tea for him even though Yukine never told her how he felt about Yato's death. She can see how badly it effected him. For the first two days he wouldn't speak to anyone and locked himself in his room for hours, sometimes he would cry by himself.

Kofuku noticed moments when Yukine sometimes turns to ask Yato if they got a job only to remember that he wasn't around anymore.

But Kofuku smiled and told Yukine that since Yato has believers and a shrine that he will be reborn.

Yukine from then on started to cheer up a bit but shows fear that Yato wouldn't be the same as he was before.

He didn't want Yato to die the way he did nor did he wish for him to be reborn, after all he liked the Yato that he first met.Fearing that he will never return to the way he was when he was alive, this fear went deep to the very core of his soul.

Yukine drinks his tea silently looking outside.

He saw Kazuma come over to visit and greeted him.

"Hey how are you holding up?" Kazuma asked.

"Fine." Yukine lied gulping down the tea.

Kazuma pushed up his glasses and stared down at Yukine slightly before sitting down on the floor next to Yukine.

"Don't lie to me what's wrong?" Kazuma questioned

Yukine sighed heavily and looks outside. "I'm worried that Yato won't be the same."

Kazuma smiled kindly. "Yato is Yato no matter what Yukine. He'll just need more Gudience from you than ever before." He states.

Yukine smiled and agrees with Kazuma letting go of the fear that has been bothering him for a while.

Kazuma gets up and says goodbye to Yukine and Kofuku, saying that he only came to check on Yukine and has to leave to protect Bishamon.

Kofuku happily says bye to him waving excitedly like a little child. Yukine chucked a bit about how excited she is.

Stretching Yukine gets to his feet and walks outside watching the sun as it starts to set.

Yukine suddenly saw a kid that almost seem to have came out of nowhere and walked over to him.

"Hey." He said gently kneeling down to the kids level.

The kid looked at Yukine a bit nervous the boys blue eyes gleamed at him and he looked familiar. "H...hi." The boy muttered shuffling his feet awkwardly.

Yukine knew who this was in front of him and offered a smile. "Welcome back Yato."

"You know me?" Yato said looking at him cutely.

Yukine chuckled and nodded his head. "Yes I do I'm your regaila Yato." He said looking at the blue eyes of the god.

"Oh." Yato said returning the smile back to Yukine. "What did I call you?"

"Yukine." He said calmly and Yato nodded his head rapidly with a bright smile.

"You look so cool!" Yato exclaimed with sparkly eyes and with sparkles around him.

Yukine stared at this for a while before laughing into his hand for a few seconds making Yato pout.

"What's so funny!?" Yato said with a pout on his face and arms crossed.

"Nothing I'll tell you later." Yukine said as he stopped his laughing but looked amused at Yato's pouting it's like he never left.

"Okay." Yato said staring suspiciously.

Yukine smiles. "I'll guide you and protect you Yato." He said with much honestly.

Yato's pout came off his face as he smiles excitedly. "Really?!"

"Really."

Yato holds out his pinky in front of his with a innocent smile. "Promise?" He asked hopeful.

Yukine stared a bit before smiling and holds out his pinky out in front of him and entangled his pinky in Yato's. "I promise Yato."

Everything suddenly went to black as Yukine jolted awake with tears in his eyes, for a mintue he forgot about the tears on his face as he takes in his surroundings.

Yato burst through his room door and paused seeing his regaila reduced to tears.

"Yukine!! There there don't cry." Yato said hugging him rather tightly. "Did you have a bad dream??! Don't worry I'm here for you!!!"

Yukine sat frozen stunned by the really sad dream for a few minutes before frantically wiping away tears with his hand and struggles out of Yato's hug.

"Aw don't be like that Yukine!!" Yato whined as if Yukine insulted him.

Yukine gets up and walks to the door to his room dragging a whining God behind him who begs him to tell 'The Great God Yato What Was Wrong?'

Opening the door Yukine pushed Yato out of his room and shuts the door in his face and locks it. Silently listening to Yato's complaining and crying about how mean his regaila is to him.

Yukine smiles slightly to himself as he hears Yato go back downstairs to most likely complain to Kofuku.

Shaking his head Yukine goes over to his window and lightly chuckled over Yato's childish behavior.

Before gazing at the sunrise and smiled more openly to himself.

"Gees what am I going to do with you Yato."