Chapter 2 Silent Snow

Yukine rubbed his temples as he listens to Yato whine and beg for him to admit that he was upset about something last night and this has been going on for a hour now and it started to give him a headache.

However the blessed regaila refused to tell him anything about his nightmare that evolved Yato dying and being reborn, it felt to real for him to express anything about it.

As he tries to focus on studying with Hiyori's helping him, he starts to zone out as Hiyori stopped to shout at Yato for being distracting.

As the two bickered like a married couple as Kofuku likes to call it, he starts to remember some parts of the dream that made him feel absolutely horrible was when Yato was ultimately killed in battle even though it wasn't real he felt like he failed as Yato's regaila.

Yukine bit the inside of his mouth trying to stop himself from crying, ever since that nightmare he has been struggling to control his emotions properly.

'Calm down Yukine it won't really happen it was just a nightmare.' He thought attempting to calm himself and took a deep breath, he was kind of glad that Yato and Hiyori were to busy agruing to notice his sudden change in expression.

Sighing Yukine pushed back his chair away from the table and stood up making Hiyori and Yato take notice of him.

"Yukine where are you going?" Yato asked as his regaila walked to the door.

"For a walk." Yukine responded shortly and  pulled open the door and leaves.

Hiyori frowned worriedly and looked at Yato who stared right back at her. "Is Yukine okay?" She asked the God who sighed.

"I'm not sure... I should have a serious talk with him." Yato said to Hiyori walking out of the room as well rubbing the back of his neck.

Yukine pulled his hood over his head and walked on the snow covered ground in silence thinking about the nightmare.

He clenched his teeth tightly at the thought of losing Yato before quickly shaking away the negative thoughts and looked forward determined to not like that nightmare become a reality.

"Yukine." Yato said walking over to his regaila with his hands in his pockets.

Yukine turned his head and looked at Yato. "Yato." He said turning around to face the god.

"We need to talk." Yato said with a serious expression.