When Life goes Boom

Fate has a real nice way of showing it cares for you. In my case it has demonstrated it by prompting my body into giving the ground an unnecessary hug or randomly putting obstacles in my way. 

I get it, fate needs a source of entertainment. I just wish she would give me a break here and there once in a while.

I am Kingsley Thea Cervantes and this is how my life went boom. 

***

Werewolves. Yes werewolves. They Are Real. I know shocker. Now that that is out of the way, lets get on with the introductions. Kingsley Thea Cervantes is the name. I am a student at the University of Willow in Oaksgrove, Argentum. Design is my major while latin studies is my minor. 

We normally change at the age of 16 where we are then submerged into tremendous training where we are taught to form a tight knit relationship with our inner wolves along with other valuable things. 

Soul Mates are found at the age of 20, when we are mature enough to not screw it up due to our horrendous hormonal teenage ways. It is said that both partners feel intense sparks and that your sense of smell becomes attuned to there specific aroma. So that means don't run. They will chase you, and we all know they love too chase. All this is information passed down to me by my friends who have already found there mates. So it might be tweeked?. 

It's 9 O'clock. My computer rang out. 

Peanut Butter and Jelly! I have class in ten minutes and I'm not even out of my apartment yet. 

***

Stepping out of Tedd's office, I was on top of the world. Tedd is my counselor who told me that I only needed two more classes and I am done with college! All my credits were accounted for early thanks to my effort. Al those summer vacations passed studying and attending school instead of going back home finally paid off. (I really wanted to go home and be lazy, but I fought against my greater urges). I deserve a pat on the back. 

After getting my new schedule from the student union I went to my apartment and picked an overnight bag. Instead of calling my family and friends too tell them the great news, I will go home. 

***

10 hours later and 2 snack/ bathroom breaks later I pulled up to my parents house. It was around 4 or 5 in the morning. Everything was silent. The good kind of silent with crickets chirping, not the one where the hair behind your neck stands on point and you swear someone is about to jump from behind the garbage can and murder you in cold blood. As you can see the caffeine from my four coffee cups has taken effect. 

As quiet as possible I open the front door, cross my fingers in my left hand and hope that my dad has fixed the creak. When an opening big enough for my slim body to slide through was achieved I released a breath of relief. Now to close the door with the same luck. 

If I go upstairs I run the risk of stepping on one of the creaking steps but if I stay in the living room I can surprise them in the morning. Plus I am to lazy to climb. That requires the usage of muscles who have fatigued. 

***

I need to sneeze. 

Something is tickling me. I am not amused. Lifting my right hand I wave it back and forth in front of my face. "Stooooppp. Shooo. Go away."

A gruff and powerful laugh finally penetrated my fuzzy mind.  "Darling leave your daughter alone. You've had your fun." my dad said. 

Slowly I lifted myself from the comfiest couch in the world. "Good morning." my sleep riddled voice rang out.