Chapter Seventeen

Phil closed his eyes, curling himself into a ball and clinging closer to Dan. This entire situation is my fault, he thought. If I could've just excepted their relationship everyone would be perfectly fine. His mind screamed at him for being so stupid.

"Phil!"

At the sound of his name, Phil opened his eyes to see Dan, who looked very worried. "You're shaking."

Dan heard Phil mumble something, and when he asked the him what he said, he just shook his head. "Phil."

Phil rolled off of Dan's lap without responding.

"Phil!" Dan poked the elder with his foot. "What did you say?"

Phil took a deep breath before speaking his thoughts. The funny thing was, he was supposed to be the innocent optimist one of the duo, but so much had happened that he wasn't himself anymore. Hell, for a period of time he couldn't be himself.

"This entire situation is my fault. You guys were in a happy relationship and I had to be all jealous about it. If I could control myself, you would be happily married, an-"

"Phil."

Phil looked up to see Dan with a particular expression on his face. Was it... a smile? "Do you really think that I would want to marry someone who's a total psychopath?" Dan playfully smacked Phil's boney arm. "You're such a twat."

The second Phil realized that Dan wasn't mad, his eyes light up like the galaxy, all different shades of blue and green mixing together to form complicated constellations, their multicolored bursts of light outshining the darkness that had rested on his face for so long. He grinned, his tongue sticking out between his teeth, and began to laugh.

Despite all of the events that had happened, Phil was the most beautiful thing Dan had ever seen. He was about to kiss his perfect lips when the sound of a phone was heard.

Hello guys! Guess what? I'm not dead! Also guess what? The other book is officially out, with a few chapters already published. I would greatly appreciate it if you would read the book. Thank you for you're feedback on which book you would want.

Now, here's the bad news...

This book will be coming to a close in a couple chapters. I'll save my big heartfelt goodbyes for the last chapter, but I still wanted to thank all of you for supporting this book and actually thinking I'm a good writer. I read every comment on my stories, and I've had a lot of fun looking at your reactions.

Don't forget to comment, vote, check out my other works if you want, and share if you deem this story worthy. Also, should I update more today or add suspense? Please let me know!

Thank you so much for reading, and have a fantastic day!