Chapter 2

"Iradessa?!" Padme's voice rings out in the empty shop.

"Padme?" I respond to my friend of almost ten years. "What are you doing here?"

She runs over giving me a hug and smiling. "Our ship broke down on the outskirts of town. We're looking for a part. I'm not sure what though." Her brown eyes sparkle with excitement.

"Well maybe I can help." She leads me over to the master Jedi. "Iradessa- Texa Morte. Master Jedi?" I extend my hand.

"Master Qui- Gon Jinn. You are the padawan to Master Yoda, correct?" His voice is soft and kind, something that slightly surprises me.

"Yes sir. I was told your ship broke down?" I lead him over to the counter where I have a catalog set up. "What is it you are in need of?"

"We need a hyperdrive for our Nubian ship. Do you have one in stock?"

I look in the catalog and glance down the page of hyperdrives. I notice that Watto hasn't put prices on the newest shipment. "Yes sir, however I need to ask for-," Watto cuts me off.

"You ah have ah money?" His voice creaks.

"We have Republic credits. Will those do?" Master Qui-Gon holds out his hand, showing his small amount of credits that he has on his person.

"Republic ah money does ah not work." Watto says.

"Republic credits will work," master Jinn waves his hand around, trying to play a Jedi mind trick on him.

"No they won't." Watto is getting angry. "I'm a Toydarian. Jedi mind tricks do not work on ah me."

"Then they won't. Come Jar-Jar. We're leaving." His voice is much harsher this time, making me flinch ever so slightly.

"Will I see you again?" Padme asks me.

"Soon, m'lady." I say in a quiet voice.

"It was nice to meet you Anikan." She says to my little brother.

"Nice to meet you too!" He calls after her.

"Plethick frot de lester." Outsiders think they know everything. Watto says to me.

"They are just trying to help themselves. They're friends Watto."

"Clean the racks boy. Then you both can leave." Watto flies away.

"Yippee!" Anikan yells.

_______________________________________________________________________

Later that day...

"You'll never make it in time! Sand storms are dangerous and if you can't time them right then you are gonna die in them." Anikan explains to Master Qui- Gon, Padme, and Jar-Jar.

As time went on that afternoon, a small sandstorm had decided to begin forming over to the east of us. It was growing a lot bigger than what had originally looked like a small dust cloud. It now was over seven stories high and was circulating in a big tornado shape.

"You can come and stay with us. It will be safer," I offer to Master Jinn.

"Thank you for your kind hospitality." Master Qui-Gon says.

I bow humbly to him, acknowledging that his comment meant something to me.

We walk for a while, going directly to the home that Anikan, Shmi, and I shared. The storm just starts to get bad as we get to the door. Padme is covering her eyes as Ani opens the door, grabbing her hand and leading her in. Jar- Jar goes next, followed by Master Jinn and lastly me. I shut the door, locking and sealing it to keep the sand out of our sleeping quarters.

"Mom we're home!" Anikan yells down the hall.

"In the kitchen Ani! Is Iradessa home too?" She calls back.

"Yes, Shmi, I'm home." I voice my presence. "We also have company. They are from Naboo and my home. They were in need of shelter and I thought they would be welcome here." I place my robe and bag on the stool where I got them from this morning, also taking the new bag of food with me to the kitchen. "You can follow me." I motion Master Qui-Gon and the others to follow me.

"Yes of course they are. Are you not working at Greeden's tonight?" She asks me.

"No I finally quit the job there today. He wanted me to work an overnight shift and to work with the strip jobs. I told him I quit." I answer her, motioning for our guests to sit at the table. "If you'll excuse me I have some work to do."

"Here Iradessa. Take some food." Shmi hands me some fruit and a piece of bread. "You need to eat my dear."

"Thank you Shmi. I will." I take the food and walk upstairs to my hide away. After I have been working for a while, I notice a presence behind me. "It's perfectly fine if you want to ask me something. I'm not one to shy away from them."

"You are very aware of your feelings my young padawan." Master Qui-Gon's voice calls from behind me.

"Yes I suppose I am. Is there something I can help you with Master?" I talk quietly, trying not to wake anyone up. It is just after 11:45 pm and I know that Anikan has been in bed for a while.

"How long have you lived here Iradessa?" He walks over and sits on the edge of the work table that I have been working on.

"For the past two months right now. Sometimes longer but usually less. Master Yoda allows me some leniency due to how far along I get in my training." I place the last screw in my mini-droid and place it on the table.

"Do you have anything you want to ask me?" His gentle voice disrupts me, not in a bad way though.

"Are you here to help us? I have sensed many things but when you came into the store today, I felt comfort in knowing nothing about you." My voice wavers a little at the end.

"I suppose if your feelings have told you to be comfortable around me, you might trust them but overall you must be mindful of your feelings young padawan." He walks closer to me. "We will take you back to the Jedi temple, if you would like that is."

I nod silently. If only Anikan could come with me. He could be trained and I wouldn't have to hide him all the time. "I would like that."

"Master?" A voice calls over the small communicator Master Qui-Gon has on his belt.

"Yes Obi-Wan?"

"I have the results of those blood samples you sent me."

"You sent him blood samples from Anikan and I?" I ask already knowing the answer.

"Yes. Go ahead Obi-Wan."

The voice speaks again. "The boys are higher than Master Yoda's midichlorian count. Almost 20,000 per cell."

"And mine?" I ask out loud.

"Who're you?"  The voice asks.

"I'm the girl. Iradessa- Texa. Padawan to Master Yoda."

"Yes well. Your midichlorian count is even higher than the boys. Nearly twice as many per cell."

"What does this mean?" I ask no one in particular, remaining calm

"It means you are a very powerful Jedi, Iradessa." Master Qui-Gon says.

Duh duh duh! Cliff hanger! Hey guys just comment or do anything that you want to! Vote and suff!
HM- :)