Chapter 5

After escaping the asteroid field, I wander to go and look for Ani. I suspected that he would be back where I had told him to stay, but I was mistaken. My worry for my surrogate brother is strong, however I am reminded to try and work around my feelings. I pause, taking a deep breath and locating him through the force. I find his presence in the room where there are many other sleeping forms. Deciding that he must have gone to try and find a place to sleep, I let the worry fade away. 

At the precise moment I lift the worry from my mind, Obi-Wan enters the hallway that I am in. His presence is somewhat soothing, allowing the worry to all fade away. 

"I am sorry. I didn't realize someone else was up at this time of night." He says in a soft voice. His brow softens from the previously furrowed lines that they had been in. 

"No need to apologize. I am always up at odd hours. With Master Yoda, I have learned to become flexible when it comes to sleep." I smile at him gently, lifting my gaze to his clear blue eyes. They're so deep and alluring when I look at them in the light of the stars and the ships lit up hallway. 

He chuckles more to himself than anyone else, looking down. "Are you alright? You seemed rather distracted." 

"Yes, I was just concerned about my bro-," I paused, realizing that it was important that I didn't speak of Ani as an attachment. "Anikan. I was concerned that he wasn't where I had left him. I believe that he is asleep in the main area with several others." I shiver slightly, the cold of deep space finally getting to me from being on Tatooine for so long. 

Obi-Wan watches, and suddenly removes his outer robe. "Here," He motions, holding the sleeves for me to put my arms into. I tilt my head in curiosity, wondering what the reason behind this might've been. "You're cold, I am not. It will help you stay slightly warmer. I suppose it has been a while since you've been in deep space, yes?" 

I nod, placing my arms into the sleeves, inhaling the scent that lingered on his robe. It calms me slightly, reminding me that I need to acknowledge the kindness that has been shown to me. "Thank you Obi-Wan. It has been a while indeed." 

We stand in silence after this interaction, watching out the wide window of the Nubian spacecraft as the stars go zooming by us. All of the different planet systems and constellations I had learned so much about were so small through hyperspace travel. A movement to my left makes me glance up at him, noticing that instead of looking out the window, he was now looking at me, gazing intently. 

A slow blush creeps up my neck and to my ears as I return his gaze only to be met with a kind and careful smile. It seems as though his looking at me was done on purpose and for some reason, I enjoyed this. 

"Why do you look at me this way?" I ask, glancing back to the floor and then into his crystalline eyes.

"Because I believe there to be a beauty in you that I have never seen until now." 

This response triggers a rush of emotion that I have not felt in a long time. It isn't necessarily a bad feeling but it is one again that I rather enjoy. The warm fuzziness that is in my stomach and the heat in my cheeks is something that one could easily get addicted to. 

"I am unsure of how to respond to that." I answer honestly. "The normal response would be to thank you for the compliment but I feel as though I should reprimand you and remind you of the Jedi Code. It forbids attachment." I wring my hands, turning so my body is now facing him. "But for some reason, Obi-Wan, I feel a connection with you that I have not ever felt before."

As I say this, he steps forward, softly gripping my hands with his calloused ones. This sends a spark through my fingers, electricity flying up into my arms and my heart, causing it to start beating faster. Obi-Wan seems to sense this as well, readjusting my hands in his.

"Iradessa," He says, thumbs rubbing circular patterns over my knuckles. "This connection that we have, it seems that I am unaware of what exactly it is." His voice is soothing, gentle and quiet. "Although the Code forbids attachment I do believe that somehow the galaxy has brought us together for some reason. You must feel it also, don't you?" 

Unknowing in how to respond, I pry my eyes away from his gaze. "I would be lying if I said I didn't." I whisper, letting my small strands of hair hang in my face.

Obi-Wan gently releases one of my hands from his and places it underneath of my chin, tilting it up so our gazes meet. "Iradessa," he breathes, looking deep into my eyes. "Dessa, please. You need to believe me when I say that I cannot deny how I feel."

Yet again, I feel a burn of heat building up from my neck through my ears and onto my face, a blush overtaking my complexion. "Obi-Wan, Ben," I say, giving him a nickname as he did to me. "I don't want to deny you. I don't even want to deny myself but I am absolutely terrified as to how we would navigate it. What would happen if we got caught?" We are so close, I can feel his warm breath on my face.

Glancing down to my lips, Obi-Wan licks his own, biting on his lower lip ever so slightly. He doesn't shy away but rather stays close, lifting my chin even closer to his face. "Please Dessa. Let us at least try this. Us."

I take a breath and lick my lips, looking at his lips and in his eyes again. Without thinking about any consequences or future problems, I reach up on my tip-toes and press my lips to his. 

Cliffhanger!!!!! Apologies for lack of update. I lost interest and then lost some account information. Will be updating within the next week. May the force be with you!!!