Dad.

Third Person's POV:

(Y/n) stood up and headed to where Tony's yelling was heard; the kitchen. She stood by the doorway, leaning slightly and listened to their conversation.

"I came to check on you, Tony. Just to check on you, and you're being a jerk about it."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I don't remember me leaving you with a severe anxiety problem, but go ahead be a drama queen. FRIDAY, open the elevator door for Miss Pepper." He turned his back to her, putting a pancake into a plate.

"I'm sorry, okay? I apologise for everything. I was scared. I didn't know what to do. That's why I left."

"Well, why don't you leave now? You're very good at leaving."

"No, I won't leave you alone. You might hurt yourself."

"You know what? I already did. And I'm not alone anymore."

As if on cue, (Y/n) emerged from her hiding spot, she smiled at Pepper and mumbled a 'Hello'. Pepper looked her up and down. Tony came beside her and draped an arm around her shoulder.

"Pepper, this is (Y/n)." He introduced.

"A new one-night stand. And you actually remembered her name. Well done, Tony." She huffed.

(Y/n) was just gonna intervene when Tony started to stomp quickly towards her. She almost swore that she saw smoke coming out of his ears.

"How dare you call her that horrible name! She had helped me face my fear unlike you, you just left me to drown in them." He fumed.

(Y/n) had to hold him and herself back from not jumping on Pepper. But the latter made it worse when she just huffed.

"Oh come on, we both know this is not gonna last long. I was your only serious relationship and we know how that ended."

An awkward silence dawned on them. (Y/n) was truly hurt. For her defense, a snappy comment was immediately present in her mind.

"Well you know what they say; I love you is eight letters long but so is bullshit." She snapped. "And the ones that love us, never really leave us."

Everyone was so intense into the heated conversation that they didn't notice Calvin and (F/n) whispering to each other. After a few second, Calvin began walking to them while (F/n) was smirking as she hid.

"Dad! Why are you and mom yelling at this lady?" He said clutching Tony's leg, faking crying.

Pepper's jaw was at the floor along with (Y/n)'s confused one. Calvin secretly winked at both of them, mouthing play along, so that's what they did.

"Don't worry, little man. This lady was just leaving." He patted Calvin's head.

"No, actually. I want her to stay a little bit longer. I want her to know me, to know that I'm not a bad person." She turned to face Pepper.

"Mom, you're not a bad person." Calvin furrowed his eyebrows.

"So what do you say, Miss Pepper?" She said flashing a smile.

"I'd love to, Miss..." Pepper paused.

"(Y/n)."

"Miss (Y/n)." She continued.

Pepper marched to the living room, stopped in the doorway waiting for (Y/n). The latter kissed Tony's cheek.

"Sweetheart, you can continue ln what you were doing, we'll be in the living room." She smiled, and he nodded.

~~

They sat in the living room, (Y/n) and Calvin in one couch, and Pepper sat on the opposite couch. After a few seconds of silence, (F/n) emerged from her hidding spot and greeted Pepper, with a knowing smirk to her bestfriend, who greeted back.

"Pepper, this is (F/n). Calvin's aunt. My best friend who's more than a sister to me." (Y/n) introduced.

They exchanged their greetings again, as (F/n) sat on a love seat.

"So, (Y/n). How old are you?" Pepper asked.

"About as young I could've been but not as old as you may think." She talked gibberish to them.

"Calvin, how old are you?" Pepper asked again.

"I'm thirteen." He smiled.

"That's how we answer people." She tossed a knowing glare towards (Y/n).

"Well, thirteen is how you'd mesure it in years." Calvin smirked.

"Okay, I'm just gonna drop it." Pepper sighed in defeat.

All of them bursted out laughing, except Pepper of course. After a good minutes of laughter, it died down and Pepper was still confused.

"We're sorry. We just love to mess around. I'm twenty-one." (Y/n) said between breaths.

"Yeah, right. I knew that." Pepper laughed awkwardly.

After a few seconds of silence, Tony came into the room holding two plates of pancakes and syrup pressed on between his chin and neck.

"(Y/n)! Breakfast!" He called.

"Coming!" She chirped.

"Calvin and I already had breakfast. Just go ahead, I'll keep Miss Pepper company." (F/n) smirked.

"Try not to embarrass me, please."

"You should've thought of that before being my bestfriend... Love you." She smiled innocently.

"Love you too." (Y/n) giggled.

-Kiana 🙊