Chapter 16

Sasuke's Pov

Time seemed to slow down as I watched Naruto running ahead of me with great speed. Her golden hair seemingly flowing behind her as drops of water hit my face ever so carefully.

I felt my heart clench painfully tight.

"Naruto! Please wait!," she jumped up in the trees and flipped her middle finger majestically in the cool air around her.

I rolled my eyes and ran a hand through my hair frustrated. As I watched my shadow clone capture the blonde beauty. I planned this from the start because I knew she wouldn't let up.

"Sasuke let me go. I don't want to have to hurt you." I shook my head and jumped up to the tree she was in. The branches slightly swayed causing leaves to fall softly to the ground.

"Naruto let me explain. Sakura knew I was planning something special for you, so she got jealous," I glanced over at her through my black hair and frowned. She had an angered face and her fists were clenched so tightly her knuckles were turning white. I sighed because I knew she was holding herself back from destroying my clone.

"I'm sorry Naruto," I turned to her and activated my sharingan watching her instantly become hypnotized. Her muscles relaxed and entered my genjustsu.

Naruto's Pov

The trees that were once there had disappeared and replaced with a grassy hillside that was beautifully lot with the light of fireflies. I painfully sighed and looked at the tiny, white stars above wondering what surprise the bastard was talking about.

"Naruto," I felt my muscles become tense and I unconsciously gritted my straight white teeth painfully tight. I tried to run but couldn't get to far because the land seemed to stretch out even further from me, like I wasn't even moving.

Sasuke tackled me and pinned my arms softly above my head. He looked down at me with overwhelming guilt on his face along with a touch of nervousness.

The wind swayed and the grass made a soothing noise as it swayed from side to side. The crickets chirped a happy tune to the full moon lit up the whole sky,
along with the beautiful stars that helpfully assisted.

"Naruto, I love you." The position we were in forced me to look into his dark, hypnotizing eyes. I could lose myself in an instant if I wasn't careful. I averted my eyes and shook my head softly.

"No you don't. You kissed-' he put his hand over my mouth and deeply sighed with annoyance.

"Listen damn it. I didn't kiss her she planned the whole thing. Apparently she followed me to the meeting spot, so she could stop my proposal. And then you where there, and I thought I would never get-" Sasuke lowered his head and placed it against my forehead softly. He bit his lip and a tear escaped his eye and fell onto my cheek.

"Proposal?" My cheeks went red and swallowed slowly as Sasuke let go of my hands and got down on one knee. He held a tiny box with the Uchiha crest on top and opened it reveling a silver and gold diamond.

"Naruto Uzumaki, I love you with ever fiber of my being. I promise to cherish you with great care this time. I want to spend the rest of my life with you.
Will you marry me?"

The grassy hillside disappeared and I was again bound by Sasuke's clone, but sasuke remained the same, down on one knee.

Leaves stirred from the ground and up into the air. The breeze blew through the leaves causing a peaceful rustle to echo in my ear.

"Yes," I ever so slightly whispered as Sasuke smiled and released his clone. He got up and slipped the ring delicately on my finger, like I would break if he wasn't gentle.

"It was my mothers ring," my eyes widened and I blushed shaking my head flustered.

"W-why... I..you...Sasuke," he smiled and kissed my lips softly.

"Trust me Naruto she would love you, so don't think you don't deserve her ring." He reassuringly held my hand leaving me to wonder how he knew what I was thinking...

________

(Unedited)

Comment/Vote and thx for reading!