I Probably Give Someone A Heart Attack

A/N: My sister gets the dedication for an idea that I almost used in this chapter.

I Probably Give Someone A Heart Attack

"I must say, I expected you to wait a day at least until you came." Once the darkness from the portal cleared, I spotted the bearded face of Chaos.

I grimaced. "Yeah, well. Someone forgot to mention that they wouldn't remember me right away. So, I thought, what's the point of staying if I'll leave in a year? They won't have remembered me by then." I sat down on a plush couch in the room I was in.

It seemed like the classic castle lounge. Fancy chandelier, nice couches and chairs, and a fireplace. I sat there and waited. So did Chaos.

"Well?" I asked. "Aren't you going to do some magic thing and make me your commander?"

He laughed. "Oh! Right. I don't need to do much. First of all, I have something you may want to see."

"If it's from camp, I don't want to see it."

Not even me, boss?

"Blackjack!" I turned around and there he was, in all his black Pegasus glory.

I said I was still with you, didn't I?

I smiled. "Thank you, Chaos."

Chaos frowned, "Now don't get all lovey-dovey on me. I knew you would need a steed and he was more than happy to fill the position. Now, just a few things." Chaos held his hands out to Blackjack and his hooves turned gold. A gold helmet materialized atop his head. A leather saddle made of gold latched itself onto his back, and my flying horse was ready. He seemed stronger almost too.

I could get use to this. Blackjack admired his new gear and his golden hooves.

I whistled. "Sweet. How do you feel Blackjack?"

Like I could fly around the world in a second. He flapped his wings in anticipation.

"He actually can." Blackjack whinnied and in less than a second he was next to me.

Cool.

"Now, swear on The Beginning that you will remain loyal to me. This oath is more permanent than any there is." I swore and immediately felt a small surge of power. I knew it was small, yet it felt like so much. That just showed me how much power Chaos has.

Chaos handed me a black cape with a hood. "Put this on. You're about to meet some old friends. Why not have some fun with it?"

I put on the cape and pulled up the hood, the whole time wondering who they could be. All the old friends I had were either dead, or they don't know me anymore.

"Who?" I asked as Chaos led me out of the room and down many corridors.

"You will see." He didn't say anything else. I shrugged and Blackjack and I followed him. I tried to keep track of where we were going, but I got confused very quickly. I gave up and trusted that Chaos wasn't leading me to my doom.

"They might not be very trusting, but they will when you when you reveal yourself. I will tell when a good time would be." I never knew Chaos would be fun like this. I thought he would be all serious and strict.

"Most people think that."

"Were you reading my mind?" I glared at him. I didn't appreciate him invading my privacy like that.

"Sorry, I'll stop." He apologized and before I could say anything, opened the door we had stopped in front of. When I saw who was inside, I nearly fainted.