Chapter 5 : House Hunters

"Naomi!" My mom yells out my name from the living room.

I woke up from my sleep. I look over at my alarm clock it was 9:34 am.

Uhh. What does my mom wants? I wonder.

I drag myself inside the living room.

"Yes." I said in a sluggish tone while stretching my arms out with a yawn.

"Today we are going to drive to Rosemere to find houses to live in. So, put on some fresh clothes and get ready." My mom said cheerfully.

"Oh.. I forgot about that." I said yawning.

"Are you okay sweetie?" My mom ask.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said rubbing my eyes.

Well no, I'm not fine. You just woke me from my 4 hours of sleep.

I had a terrible night. I couldn't stop crying to myself about moving to a different area. And I totally forgot about my mom looking for new homes at Rosemere.

As I go back to my room, I check myself in the mirror.

My hair is all in a mess, my eyes has bags and it's red from the non- stop crying.

"I look like a hot mess." I mumble to myself while rubbing my face.

I went into the bathroom and took a shower to freshen up.

After taking a shower, I brush my teeth and decide to use this facial moisturizer to help brighten my face.

That should do the trick.

I went to my room and put on a simple white tee with jeans and a pair of converse.

And I decide to put my hair into a bun for a lazy look.

I grab a granola bar and a yogurt for a quick breakfast and head to the car with my mom.

***

My mom drives to Rosemere which is a two hours drive. I didn't realize Rosemere was this far.

"I went on this website that have houses for sell in the Rosemere area." My mom said breaking the silence.

"These are the houses that I pick out." my mom said handing me over the paper when she reach a red light.

I look at the paper she gave me. It was three houses that she pick out. These houses are expensive I thought.

After looking at the paper, it starts to hit me that my new life will start in Rosemere.

My mom comes across house number one. It is a light blue small house with a garden in a quiet area.

My mom and I get out the car and a short older lady walks up to my mom and me.

"Hi, my name is Marta. It's nice to meet you." Marta said shaking my mom's hand.

"Hi Marta. I'm Lauryn. I'm the one who gave you the call about the house the other day." My mom said while smiling and shaking Marta hand.

"Oh yeah, I remember now. Well, welcome to my house. I decide to give it up for sell since my husband... had
died from lung cancer." Marta said chocking up with tears in her eyes.

"And I decide to leave and move into something smaller like an apartment. I always want to leave in an apartment when I got older." Martha said to my mom.