Unexpected Panic

Well if today wasn't a bust it was about to be. Andro and I have been matched with so many different people but it seemed like we were matched with all the wrong people.

"I don't know about you but I'm sick of looking at my phone and I'm also extremely looking at men. I swear Andro if I get one more shitty sexist, stupid pick up line or dick picture.. I'm just gonna chuck my phone out the window." I said promisingly raising my hands up with angry frustration. I placed my phone down and just dropped my head down in shame, running my hands through my pixie hair and tried not pulling out the little of it I had.

"Think I should start to explain to my mother that I'm not even that into men or would that make matters worse?." Andro didn't have to answer that question for me. I already knew that answer but it was still a question that I liked to ask myself, cause who didn't like hurting their own feeling about their non existing love life to please their family. Definitely not her.

It went silent, making the atmosphere of the room gloomy and depressing. "Why don't we go out and get some fresh air? Maybe see a movie? " Andro suggested with a hopeful smile, trying to lift both of our spirits.

I looked at her and shook off the depressive state I was in and shook my head "Yeah that sounds really nice. Luckily we are already dressed and ready to go".

As we left the apartment building and walked to the theater Andro talk on and on about this horror movie we were about to see. But, I couldn't help but think how screwed I was and it was gonna be all my fault that if I become homeless and Andro had to go back home to Australia; simply because I can't complete such an easy task for my mother.

Maybe with all the money we have we simply could just buy or rent a man.

"Hello? Earth to Shay?"

Maybe I could just run away from the problem and actually live a normal life.

"Hellooo?"

But that would be crazy wouldn't it? Running away from a small dinner party?

Maybe I'm running from something bigger..

"Shay! Hello!!" Andro was was now snapping her delicate fingers in front of my face. I turned to look at Andro who had a concerned expression. "Sorry, Sorry... I was deep in thought-and we are already at the theater. Huh? Who knew."

"Obviously not you" Andro rolled her eyes and said with a chuckle. "Now come on before we are late. I'll pay for the tickets and you go get food and drinks."

I nodded my head following her orders and headed inside. It was pretty much empty for a weekdays so there was a small chance Andro and I were gonna get the theater to ourselves. I smiled at the thought of that as walked into line.

Getting out of the house was a good idea.