Ch 2.

{Josh's POV}

On my walk back home, I couldn't help but feel bad for Tyler. The Jackson brothers were jacked up and would pretty much mess with anyone. I've known them for years and lets just say, we're not on good terms.

Aside from that, Tyler didn't deserve to be beat up. I would usually ignore someone getting hurt by them, but he looked so scared and lost. I could tell right away he didn't belong here, just by his reaction.

I sighed, walking up to the door of my house, I opened it, and walked inside. There wasn't a lock, which wasn't very safe, but nothing in my life was.

The first thing I saw was my two roommates making out, I groaned and covered my eyes.

They quickly pulled away from each other, and I shook my head. "We saw you and the Jackson brothers arguing."

Sarah nodded, wiping her mouth, "Yeah, why'd you help the preppy kid?"

I scoffed, taking my jacket off and tossing it to the floor. "He's not preppy, and cause he was getting hurt by those jackasses, why shouldn't I help him?"

"Cause he's probably some rich, spoiled brat who should 't even be over here in the first place" Jordan replied

I chuckled, "Seriously? You can't just assume that. I'm going to bed, it's late. Night"

They both mumbled a goodnight and I headed towards my room. Our apartment has 2 bedrooms and they have the master bedroom, since they share one.

I sighed, shutting my door and changed quickly into sweats and shirt. Afterwards, I grabbed my phone, which was just an old flip one, I plugged it into the charger, then shut off my lamp light and wen't to bed on my sheet-less  mattress.

-

When it was time for school, I woke up and realized I was late. I quickly looked around for clothes and sighed seeing there was no clean ones. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a shirt from the dirty clothes pile and rushed out.

By the time I got to school, I was thankfully earlier than expected, I grabbed a cigarette from my back pocket, along with my lighter. I lit it up and sighed in relief.

After I was done, I tossed it to the ground and stomped on it to make sure it was out. When I walked into the school there was lots of people in the halls, I walked to my locker and put my skateboard in along with my book bag, only taking out what I needed.

As I walked to class, I stopped in my tracks, eyes widening when I saw Tyler. He doesn't go here, he cant, I would have noticed.

He was walking down the hall, head down and books in hand. I can tell he didn't like attention, though I would have assumed he did. Still, he did come off as shy last night.

Much to my surprise, he walked into my class and I followed. Tyler stood in the front, waiting for the teacher so he could figure out where to sit.

A guy saw Tyler and snickered, eyeing him in amusement, "Hey freak, this is high school, what the fuck are you wearing?"

"Clothes," Tyler replied, I chuckled when the guy glared at him.

He stood up, giving Tyler a challenging look, "Alright smartass, wanna repeat yourself?"

"I don't, you have ears and I suggest you use them." Tyler said, walking past him taking a seat 3 down from me. He fixed his sweater a bit and ran his hand through his wavy brown hair.