twenty

"What's taking them so long?" Peter asked.

The group was in the garage, waiting for Scott and Florence. She was the last to be informed of their outing, so Scott was sent to get her. Ororo sat tiredly on the floor, Jean standing next to her. Jubilee sat on the hood of a car, and Kurt and Warren lingered by each other, Warren fidgeting with his hands. Peter paced back and forth, his arms crossed.

"They're coming," Jean said quietly, monotonously. Ororo stood up and Jubilee jumped off of the car. A couple seconds later, the pair emerged into the garage. Scott clad in his usual leather jacket, his hand on Florence's back, leading her towards the group.

Florence was raking her fingers through her hair, trying to brush it out. Eyes halfway shut, as if she had just woken up. She had. She wore a large green sweater, despite the eighty degree weather.

Peter groaned. "Finally!"

"Did you just wake up?" Jubilee asked. Florence and Scott answered at the same time; she said no, and he said yes. She was lying.
"Florence, it's two o'clock!"

"It's Saturday," she muttered, and the group piled into the car. This time Peter drove, and he pulled down the top off the car. Jubilee jumped into the passenger side, and Jean and Ororo got in the backseat. Scott went in after them, looking at Florence and the remaining two. He held out his hand, and Florence grabbed it, climbing into the seat. He pulled her onto his lap, and she didn't protest, rubbing her eyes as she leaned on him.

Kurt and Warren stared at the remaining single seat.

"Well, um, I can stay here, if there's not enough space," Warren said, and Kurt shook his head. "No, it's fine! Ve can make it vork."  He looked at the backseat desperately, and Jean patted her lap. Kurt bamfed onto it, and Warren sat in the remaining spot.

"Ok, all ready?" Jubilee said, looking back at all of them.

A string of answers ensued, including a sleepy and sarcastic "Yes, mom," from Florence.

They headed to the mall, Peter's driving surprisingly good. Their journey was free of trouble, unlike their last trip, and they finally arrived at the shopping mall. Piling out, they grouped up. Jean and Ororo followed Jubilee into a boutique, and Scott grabbed Florence's hand, making their way to the record store. Kurt and Warren veered off to the food court, and Peter, having no one else to bother, followed.

"Leave them," He heard Jean in his head, and he stopped walking. He turned around, not seeing her. He did see Florence and Scott though, and he jogged to catch up to them.

"What are you talking about?" Florence said giddily, the pair unaware of Peter behind them.

"I mean, everything is ruby tinted because of my glasses."

"It's nothing special, it's literally just green."

"It is special, because you are. I know it's really pretty, even though I've never seen the true color. Same with your eyes."

"Ugh, you're so romantic!" She said sarcastically. Scott laughed, then spoke again.

"I'm gonna ask Hank to find a way for me to see it. He'll figure it out."

"Just don't shoot your girlfriend with your lasers, man."

The two whipped around and saw Peter smiling. Scott looked annoyed, and Florence just looked scared. "How long have you been behind us?" She asked.

"Long enough for me to find out that Scott is a softie."

"Peter-" Scott started, and Florence took his hand again, pulling him forward. Peter laughed and ran in front of them, beating them to the store.