Chapter Four: Our Kind.

I was dreaming.

I'm sure of it. I had to be dreaming. There's no way that any of this could be real. Maybe I never really woke up to begin with. I was probably still in the dream I had with Ethan. I had to be..

Just as it happened when I was in the room with my older sister, all it took was a blink. I was standing at the cliff's ledge. This time- I wasn't alone. I could feel the goose-flesh rise up along my arm just from the warm embrace from our conjoined hands. I stared at it, completely aware of how crazy it felt.

For Lewis's sake.. Actually- for my own sake, I withdrew my hand out from his.

He was my mate too. I felt it this time.

I gripped at the pendant with both hands and closed my eyes. Lewis was probably worried about me, maybe even lonely. I wonder if he would find me here..

"Zendaya."

I forced my eyes open the second I felt his hand cradle my right cheek. The second I did, I froze. Wow. His eyes were really bright. I immediately noticed how fast my heart began to beat and I knew it was because of him. His breath was fanning my lips now, his eyes sending my stomach in a flutter with how much affection he stared at me with it. It was like he was reading my soul.

"Y-yes?," I managed to say. Just like my tie with Lewis, it was difficult to resist. My mind knew this wasn't right, but my body had a mind of its own.

I still don't understand how this could be.. I couldn't have two mates. That's ridiculous.

His bright eyes seemed to dim and lose its glow before he took a step back away from me. As much as I resisted to, I almost whimpered at the loss of his touch.

"Before I tell you all about me, I want to clarify the questions roaming in your mind."

He made his way over to two wooden doors, stopping just before it. It was then I finally took in my surroundings. I was in a room. To be more particular, I was in a bedroom. It's hard to even call it one with how huge it was. The ceiling was so incredibly high that the room alone should have had a second floor. It could have fit ten bedrooms in itself and maybe even have room for more. At the center of the room, there was the biggest, luxurious bed I have ever seen in my life. The only reasons why the bed caught my eye was because it was beautiful. The bed was.. levitating. I quickly scanned the remaining of the room. As elegant as it was, it was plain. Maybe it was his room. I mean, it would explain the lack of femininity.

My eyes locked with a male that stood by what I could assume is the entrance door. It took all I had in me to not trip when I did a double take.

Wait. I know him..

He was the one that brought that box of roses to me. The gift from him..

When he caught my eye, he did nothing but bow in my direction and return back to his straight posture. Woah. What was with the bowing? I chose to shake the thought off. I really didn't need more questions right now.

I returned my eyes back to him only to find him looking directly at me now. Once again, the familiar adrenaline that I would get with Lewis returned into my system and I felt my eyelids flutter a little. He had to be my mate. I just wanted to know how.. why? It was then I noticed his eyebrow was raised in question, waiting.

Right. He was supposed to tell me something. Did I miss it?

He let out a chuckle, almost as if he had read my mind.

"I know what you're thinking. Just for my sake and pride, please refrain from calling me mate," He laughed, the sound making me faintly gasp. How did he even know what I was thinking? Did I accidentally say it out loud?

"Within our kind, the term beloved or other half is more common."

"Your kind?," I asked.

"Our kind," He corrected me, leaving me confused," I'm a witch. As oddly as it sounds coming from a male."

He was a what?

"Come again?," I asked. Did he just say he's a witch?

"You heard correctly, I'm afraid," He shrugged, before raising his hand in front of him to demonstrate. With a puff of smoke, a flame ignited in the palm of his hand. In the next stroke, he enclosed his palm and moved his fingers in a wave. An electric wave cackled then as it raced from finger to finger before disappearing in thin air. My eyes were glued to his hands.

He then re-opened his hand palm upward before raising his pointer and giving it a twirl. This created a ring of water floating right above his hand as it followed in the direction his finger had moved. Woah.

That did not just happen.

I blinked my eyes over and over just to make sure they weren't playing tricks on me. In the end, it was still there and I wasn't seeing things.

"T-that-," I couldn't help but stutter.

"Yes, my love. It's magic," He said as if it was something normal. With another puff of smoke, the ring of water disappeared and he dropped his hand," Just the basic kind. It's too soon for you to see the magic I do."

Basic? He just lit a flame in the palm of his hand! Not to forget, manipulated water and somehow played with electricity.

He sighed, moving away from the double doors and back to me. Any normal reaction would have been to take a step back. Even if he just did things that I couldn't believe just happened, I still couldn't find it in me to be afraid. My body responded to him on its own will.

He stood directly in front of me now. Not as close as he was earlier, but close enough to where I could reach out and touch him. I had to grasp at the pendant I was holding when I felt my hand twitch to do just that. These feelings were really getting out of hand..

He looked at me, though this time his eyes were soft and curious even. "I know you're still lost.. but I believe I can't help myself. I'd love to see what power you've inherited."

"May I?," He asked, his hand raised waiting for mine.

Damn it. What did he ask again? I silently cursed his eyes and brought my eyes down to his hand again. Maybe he was asking to take me somewhere. But- where would we end up if I was to go with him again? Was he going to bring me back?

I placed my hand in his only to feel my body being pulled.

I was flying forward and in the next second, my body was up against his. He didn't take me anywhere.. No, we were still where we were. The difference this time was that I was standing there shocked and completely taken off guard.

His lips were on mine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

MTAC Update! #noshedidn't

LEWIS FANS- I'm sorry! I couldn't help myself. I had to! #imsoevil #forgiveme

That major cliffhanger. How cruel I am, really. But- I'm beginning to miss Lewis..

#powers

Vote - If you want more.

Comment - If you wish.

Follow - If you plead to receive updates.

Keep Reading - Just because.