Flaming Hearts

Chapter 1: Stranger

Blood pumped with each heartbeat that pumped faster with each passing second. My breath became ragged as my petite body tensed. Hands that were wrapped around my throat tightened. The gun at my forehead started to shake with concentration. I closed my eyes to breathe. The choices continued to buzz in my head. My blue eyes opened once again. Harsh eyes stared back at me. I opened my mouth to get air down my windpipe. Tears built up in my eyes as they threatened to spill down my pale cheeks. A smirk grew on the man's face that was in front of me. My teeth bit down into my bottom lip.

"Why? What do you want from me?" A crack in my voice was heard. It showed weakness. "You have taken everything that I have, what else do you want?" A soft chuckle from behind me sent a chill down my spine. My eyes wandered off to a body that laid lifelessly on the ground surrounded by blood. The person looked unfamiliar and it definitely someone I have never met. I sighed in relief as my eyes focused back on the man. "This is just a nightmare." The man's eyes showed confusion as he shrugged. His finger pulled the trigger while my eyes watched the bullet aim for my forehead. I closed my eyes and waited for the pain to wake me up.

I opened my eyes when the door flung open. A squeal escaped my mouth as I pulled the blankets over my head.

"Relax, it's me." Emma stated. My head poked up to see Emma walking with a stranger. I stood up and walked to my room. My heart raced while I rushed back out and noticed the stranger was bleeding on the couch. I let a breath out as I grabbed my roommate into my room.

"Who the hell is that? Why are they bleeding all over my place?" I whispered in an angry tone. She peeked out of the room which caused my eye to twitch. Her hand smacked my shoulder as she backed up. "Emma, answers!" My arms wailed in the air.

"There's a bleeding man, I'm taking care of that first, it's more important. I'll move him, don't worry, I'll give you all of the information," She said as she ran out the room. My eyes twitched as I glared at the spot she left. I crept out of the room and watched Emma pick up the stranger. They walked to her room and closed the door behind him.

"This is not how I wanted to start the day." I grumbled under my breath. Both eyes and ears stayed open. I walked over to the couch and stared at the blood stains. My shoulders slumped forwards as I frowned. "She can clean it up." My hands snatched the remote off the table. I squatted down on the hard floor and sat down. My thumbs clicked on the power button. A loud noise was heard from the room. I jumped up and started running towards the room.

"What's going on in here?" I asked. My finger pointed towards the strange male. Both of his hands went up in defense. He gestured towards Emma. "Emma, what's on your side?" I thought about what was going on. She shrugged not really knowing the answer. "Okay, I'll wait for an explanation, so I'll be watching TV until then," I walked out and went back into the other room. The bored eyes of an 18 year old stared at the television with an uninterested gaze. My eyes adverted to the bar across the street from the house. I rolled my eyes when I thought about opening the windows. If I want my house to smell like whiskey and cigars, I will open the windows. My eyes caught a male walking towards the house. I squinted my eyes as they crept up the porch. A knock was heard over the television.

"Dianna, get the door." I heard from the other room. A loud groan escaped from me as I rolled my eyes.

"If you insist." I sassed. My feet hit the floor with each step. My cold hands touched the cold door knob. I opened the door and jammed it into my leg. "Dammit." My hand shot down to my leg. I glanced up to see a tall, blonde male staring at me. "Can I help you?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Yes, I am looking for Shohei Akagi." The blonde stated.

"Nope, don't know him." My hands pushed on the door but a foot stopped it from closing. "What?"

"Are you sure he is not here?" He asked with his eyebrow quirked up.

"Yes, I am positive that he is not here." I blinked as confusion washed over my body. His hands fished into his pocket. I stepped back and placed my hand on the knife that was on the counter. A cigarette was placed in between his lips that was just lit. "Excuse you."

"Yes, beautiful?" He said in a flirtatiously way. My face heated up along with my neck. I wiped my head that was burning up.

"I don't enjoy people smoking in my house." My voice cracked at the end. A war broke out in my head.

"But I am not in your house." The smirk set me off the edge. My left eye twitched uncontrollably. I snatched the cancer stick out of his mouth and stomped on the burning piece. He seemed taken aback. An innocent smile stretched across my lips. I blinked to add a more innocence. He stepped closer which made me realize he was a head taller than me. A sweat broke onto my forehead. His breathing hit my ear. My nose burned from the smell of alcohol and cigarettes. I gulped down the smell that burned. "Sorry for bothering you, my dear."

"Apology accepted." My eyes locked eyes on the boys across the street. He stepped away and waved.

"Thanks for your patience." His feet clicked off the ground. I slammed the door shut and stomped throughout the house. Emma came sauntering out with the stranger. Two of my fingers snapped towards him. His eyes glanced at me with curious eyes.

"What is your name?" He glanced at Emma after my voice bounced off the wall.

"Shohei Akagi." I felt my shoulders slump forward. Another war broke out in my head giving me a headache.

"You're friend is looking for you." I snapped before stomping to my room. My body flopped onto the bed as my thoughts continued to run wild about nothing. I sat up hoping it would help the headache. My eyes closed tightly when each thought brought pain to my head. The bottle of ibuprofen was quickly placed in my hand as I popped two pills in my mouth. A soft knock following the door creeping open caught my attention.

"Hey, are you alright?" Emma asked with concern. My head shook as I swallowed the pills.

"Great, just have a headache." A fake smile was plastered on my face. Something I have mastered as I grew up. Emma nodded uncertainly. She closed the door and walked off. The smile dropped off my pale face. I rubbed my eyes and yawned. My back hit the soft mattress while my tired eyes stared up at the ceiling. All the thoughts started to tame down a bit except one. Emma knew I was lying.

How can I tell her about my nightmares?

--
First chapter! WOOOO!

This is MY book. This is going to be in Dianna's POV. Mackenzie and I decided to make two different books in two different point of views. :)

This is a K Project fanfiction. There will be violence, cursing, and tragedy. You have been warned.

Enjoy!

~Katie