Chapter 2 - Gasoline

Movement from beneath me causes me to awaken. A low moan leaves my throat as I attempt to shift myself into a comfortable position and find my pillow. My arms reach out but my finger tips come into contact with leather and what feels like a Roman wearing a satin shirt. My eyelids slowly open. I squint slightly due to bright sunlight streaming in through the wall length windows.

"Good morning, sleepy head" Roman smiles gently at me, when I glance up at him. Looking around, I remember that we'd fallen asleep on the sofa last night. I smile slightly in response, sitting up and stretching lazily. A groan leaves my mouth as I feel a dull pain in my back. And that kids is why you don't sleep on a sofa. "Honey, you alright?" He asks, concern evident on his face as I turn to face him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. My back is just sore from sleeping here" I reply, leaning backwards into the arm of the sofa. He stands from the sofa and walks towards our room. I watch him enter the bathroom, and lay back on the soft cushions when I hear water running. He's probably gone for a shower, he has to be at the office soon. I glance at the overly ostentatious large clock by the kitchen. It reads 9:30. Correction: Roman should already be at the office. He's never usually late, as he hasn't slept in since the events a couple of months ago. He hasn't really slept all  that much generally since then. I shudder involuntarily as memories flood my mind in an uncomfortable blur. 

"Are you sure you're okay?" Roman's concerned voice drags me back to the present. My eyes find him as a lone tear slides down my cheek. He's now standing dressed in one of his grey fitted suits. His tie is hanging untied around his neck and his green eyes stare at me full of worry.  I blink rapidly.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit lost in my thoughts" I respond, still dazed a little. Dropping my head into my hands, I try to sort through how I'd managed to space out like that. I thought I had it in control. The sofa dips beside me and warm arms wrapped around my silm frame. Without thinking I lean into Roman's chest, my hands gently grabbing onto his suit jacket.

"If you want I can stay home today" His deep voice emanates through hair chest and into my ears, soothing my frantic mind slightly.  "We haven't been able to spend much time together properly recently" He adds, causing me to look up at him. Is he serious? Well, I guess we could go shopping for stuff for the baby's room, as I had made him agree to give her a better room.

"But aren't you needed at work?" I ask, timidly reaching up and stroking his cheek with my hand. His eyes flutter closed in contentment.

"They can survive without me for one day" Roman murmurs. His eyes still closed, as he leans into my hand. "Anyway, you need me. You're more important" My heart skips a beat at his words. He hasn't been this, dare I say it, romantic in a good couple of months. Overwhelmed with a flood of emotions, I pull myself up and hastily place my lips on his, wrapping my arms around his neck tightly. Obviously taken aback, Roman falls backwards onto the sofa and I land gently on top of him. Our lips still connected. I remove my lips from his to catch my breath.

"Oh no you don't" He chuckles, taking hold of my face and pulling my lips back to his. Our lips dance together passionately. His hands slide down the sides of my body until they stop on my hips. "I've missed this" Roman whispers, breathless, in between kisses. Hungrily, he grinds his crotch against mine and a loud moan escapes from deep within his throat. At this point, I pull away completely, moving back to the other side of the sofa and leaving Roman laying on his back panting like a dog in the middle of a heatwave.

"I'm sorry, I... Can't go that far yet" I speak, breathless as well. Hurriedly I straighten my shirt as the nanny makes her way down the stairs and into the kitchen, glaring at me as she does so. Roman sits up slowly, lazily leaning against the other arm of the sofa. His brown hair is dishevelled and his eyes are wild.

"It's alright, I understand" He replies, smirking at me. "That was fun though" And there it is, the signature Roman Godfrey wink, followed by him slowly running a hand through hair previously neat hair. I roll my eyes at him. The smirking asshole is  very aware of what he's doing. "You love it really, baby" He croons, shuffling towards me and pulling me onto his lap.

"Uhuh, whatever you say, dear" I sigh, placing my head on his shoulder as his arms wrap around me once more. This is really nice if I'm being honest with myself. It's nice to have things going back to how they were. Well, with Roman and I at least. Nothing else will ever really be the same again, I guess. "So... If you're not going work today, what are we going to do?" I ask, glancing up at Roman expectantly.

"Well... I was thinking we could do each other but that's off the ca-" Roman stops short as I slap his arm, earning a short laugh from him. "Or we can do what ever you want to do" He offers, smiling down at me. What I want to do, huh? I smile back at him, but with a plan. Oh, Roman what have you got yourself into?  Oh, he's never gonna live this down.  I chuckle to myself as Roman stares at me completely dumbfounded.

You stupid, stupid boy.

A/N:

Sorry for the delayed update. My life has been crazy busy atm. I'm gonna try and get back to updating at least once every two weeks in all my stories so keep an eye out. As always thanks to all of you for your continued support. Love you guys.