Chapter 2.5 - Big Spender

A\N: I know this is hella late. But I've had a hectic year with starting university. This is a cute, fluff filled half-chapter, away from the main story, as a bid to try and break out of my writer's block.

"Aren't you done yet?" Roman groans, as we enter another shop. His arms are filled with multiple bags from various clothes shops. You can only just see his legs and heads due to how many bags he's carrying.

"Nope" I respond, smirking back at him. "You said we can do whatever I want so that's what we're doing" Roman groans, heaving the bags along. I walk over to the nearest shelf of teddies. "Anyway this is the last shop! " I shout over at him.

"Why are we in a baby shop?" He asks, looking around over the tops of the multitude of bags. The pastel yellow shop surrounds him. It houses everything from cribs and teddies to prams and baby grows. I look over at him with a smile.

"We're shopping for the baby. She needs clothes and essentials" I reply curtly. "Speaking of which we need to come up with a name" I add, turning to face him as he makes his way over to me. Roman rolls his eyes, still struggling with the bags.

"I know what we should name her, Spenda" He speaks, grunting and dropping the bags in front of me. I shoot him a confused look. "Because she's gonna end up spenda-all-my-money, or at least you will in her place for now" He chuckles, a rare sound to leave his lips following the events of last summer. I laugh too, as I stop to browse through a rack of baby grows.

"It only seems like a lot because most people have months in advance to buy all this stuff, whereas we're buying most of it in one day" I reply curtly, stifling a giggle as Roman flops onto a padded bench seat kind of affair.

"Can't we just name her Gertrude and be done with it" He grumbles.

"You can't name a baby Gertrude. Do you want her to be bullied when she grows up?" I laugh, turning to face his location, which is sprawled out on the ottoman-esque seat amongst the tiny socks and scratch mits. His arm is thrown over his face dramatically, and his legs and swinging nonchalantly of the end of the seat.
All of a sudden, he sits up straight with a weird smile on his face and a spark in his eye.

"I know, what about Nadia"