Entry #3

March 25, 1490,

Once again I would like to apologize for not writing. My boys have been a handful. I've been teaching them my customs and language. I have also found a pair of names for the two. I decided to call the older one, America, Antinanco. It means eagle in the sun, which I thought suited him because of his outgoing behavior. Then the younger one, Canada, Matoskah. It means white bear, I settled on it because he always seems to carry a baby polar bear around.

They seem to love to explore the wilderness, especially Antinanco. He is always running off to do something new or to get into some trouble. Mostly with the Cherokee. I have keep an close eye on him. Matoskah on the other hand is more soft spoken. I always find him around animals, even talking with them. The spirts must have given him the tongue. For a while I thought I was the only one who could speak it but I am happy to know one of my sons has the gift. But still that doesn't mean Antinanco is any less talented. He has got my abnormal strength, he just needs to learn to control it. Yesterday he managed to throw a bull in the great the oak.

((the text below looks fresher as if she stopped to talk))

The chief of this tribe needs to talk to me. I will try to write tomorrow.

~Ayiana Dyami