Lost & Found

I steadily held unto my trousers that were slightly slipping off as my whole body started numbing from dropping temperatures. I then looked up nervously watching the developing red flares that was devouring the night sky.

"For once...I didn't burn the house down." I then took a deep breath and exhaled, I was breathing normally again not to mention from what had happened before. I didn't want to remind myself any further so I turned to walk away. The forest gave a calming influence to the soothing breeze that was pressing gently against my bare back. The night was young but I don't intend to stay any longer. I walked quietly along a narrow pace when something suddenly snapped in the open.

"Whose there?!" I shouted aimlessly looking around. I am tired of being followed around. For all I care they can come and kill me but I'm not dying for no reason either. It became quiet once again and the tension lessened.

"I'm just imagining it" I murmured before commencing. It wasn't even one step and the noise started again but this time it sounded heavier. I froze where I was as I tightened my tagger along my left side in a downward position. I then spiraled around to find nothing in the distance.

"Why does thin-" Just like in the movies a tall figure with pale skin suddenly appeared before my very eyes. His dark messy hair gave me a bit distraction before I made eye contact. Oh dear God. He had no eyelids whatsoever, it's like I'm staring at a possessed doll or something and what's worse was his bloody goddamn smile.

"U-uh..." I shrieked quickly as the tall figure gave a good tug on my neck. A sharp pain shot through as I'm being lifted off the ground to his level. A dark chuckle rumbled from his chest as I starred back in fear. I've always heard stories of him but never imagined him of all creatures to exist!

"GO...TO SLEEP! "