Chapter 3 - Research

Madi's POV
____________

I opened my computer and pulled up the first available search engine. I searched 'Madeline Kilpeck' and a few pictures came up.

I waved them over. "Guys come over here." I called. "I might be on to something."

Lilly, Laura, and Lilly's mother walked over.

Her eyes lit up. "Oh God. She's been here before. I didn't even know she was here. This is so crazy."

I looked through more pictures and found her from a few years back. She had a first place plaque.

"Oh my God, and she runs." I said. "And she was... IN Penobscot!! I can't believe I missed that. How could I miss so much? How could I not see my lookalike. And I saw that same dog."

Laura nodded in agreement. "That dog was so talkative. Neil had to say something."

Lilly read the headline. "Chris K 5k. Yea. It always took place in Penobscot. We are a fairly small town. We should know about this. It was at our previous school."

I scrolled through more pictures. There she was in catchers gear. She was on a club team called Lady Sting.

"I think I should check something." I said as I opened a new tab.

I typed in "Boston tournament 2017." I actually was taken to the official website. I saw all the teams playing. I found Lady Sting. I clocked on the link and it took me to the roster.

The names stood out to me. There was Madeline Kilpeck. But other names took me off guard.

I started reading. "Madeline Kilpeck, Clara Cook, Allie Reed, and Sam Marglous."

"Wait, that's my last name." Lilly chimed in.

"Not everyone is related just by name." I replied. "Everyone could have their own lookalike. Who knows?"

I clicked on Madeline Kilpeck. A picture came up of her face. She had her uniform on. I also found pictures of her catching. But she looked familiar.

I looked close. "Is it just me or do we look alike?"

"No, I see it too." Laura said. "Clara looks like me and she pitches and plays shortstop."

"And Sam looks like me and she plays center field." Lilly said. "How could this be?"

"I dunno." I said as I looked through more pictures.

Lilly looked over my shoulder. "What do you got? Anything good?"

I replied. "Madeline has a different pitcher. Allie Reed. She's number 10."

Laura looked over my other shoulder. "So, there's Allie Reed and she's Maddie Kilpeck's pitcher. I'm your pitcher tho and I look nothing like Allie."

"But Sam is Clara's catcher." Lilly said. "It's like us, but I'm Madi's catcher. I'm not your catcher, Laura."

Laura nodded. "Yea, I know that, but the matchup is so similar. It's crazy."

"Strange is what it is, guys." I said. "No freaking doubt its creepy."

I looked through different links. I then found one that caught my eye. It said. '1/4 Remaining singing werewolves found.' I clicked on the link. It dated back to April of 2012. It looked interesting to me so I started reading the article.

I waved them over. "Here we go."

.....

Madeline's POV
_____________