Chapter 27 - Piano

Allie's POV
____________

I looked at the time. It was almost time for Madeline to go onstage for the concert before the ceremony. "You ready?" I asked. "Yea." She said. "But I'm also nervous." "There's like a hundred or so people." Jason said. "By the look of it at least." "Not helping." Madeline said. "Well, what song do you start off with?" Mina asked. "Brighter by Against the Current." Madeline said. "I have the piano first." I watched as the rest of the team came over to is. "Alright, help me boost up her confidence." I said. "Because this girl has some issues right now." "What's the fuss about, Maddie?" Clara asked. "You're gonna be fine." "Yea, I couldn't even do that if I was forced to." Sam added. "You're the best I know." "See, Maddie?" I said. "We are rooting for you. So, I'd rather you get up there with a positive attitude and do what you do best. Madi, Rachel, and Jason will be singing with you as well and I bet they're nervous, but you sure aren't as nervous as them. No offense Jason. But what I'm saying is that you know what you're doing and you want to have fun doing it. And I want to hear that Maddie who keeps showing me songs you learn in a day. In a freaking day. And you even know what to do. It's not even English to me, but you have a way of catching on quick."

"Damn." Clara said. "And I thought my speech was gonna do it." Madeline laughed. "There we go, you're gonna be fine." I said. "So, go for it. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity, so make it last and have fun." "Thanks." Madeline said. "I'll try my best." "There is either do or don't." Sam said. "There is no try. So do your best out there and keep that quote in mind." She nodded as she went backstage to get things ready. "Wow, that was impressive." Jason said. "You guys are awesome to her, you know that?" "We try." I said. "We are a team. That's what teammates do. We lift up anyone who's down." I walked towards the food bar and I saw Clara and Sam behind me. "Hey, can I help you guys?" I asked. "Yeah." Sam said. "I just wanna know what was going on after the Bourne tournament. What happened?"

"Alright, if I tell you, promise you won't tell anyone about this?" I asked. They looked at each other and then back at me. They nodded. "Good." I said as the three of us walked into the bathroom. "So what happened?" Clara asked. "There was kind of an incident." I said. "But first,-" I transformed into my vampire form. on instinct, Clara and Sam transformed into their vampire forms. "You too?" Sam asked. "Yeah." I said. "Then is Maddie like us too?" "Not exactly." I said. "She was kind of strangled by one of our teammates." "Well, we saw Shannon and Maddie arguing." Clara said. "What was their problem?" "Well, Shannon was trying to make Maddie replace me with her as pitcher and it got a little out of hand." I said. "Here. It's better if I show you."

....

Clara's POV
__________

...flashback...

In Madeline's POV

...

I got my trophy after Shannon. When I walked back, I looked in her direction through the shades. "You're never gonna be my pitcher." I mumbled. "Allie will be and will always be my pitcher. I'm not letting you take that away from her."

She glared at me. Soon, we packed up and we were walking to our vehicles. "I heard you, Madeline." Shannon said. "Or should I call you Maddie?" "Only my friends call me Maddie." I said. "So, I'm not your friend?" She asked. "Well, you're certainly not acting like my friend." I said. "You're not even acting like a teammate. Yeah, you're playing well. I will give you that, but why do you want to take my pitcher away from me?"

She laughed. "You see, I know I am a better pitcher than all of them combined." she said. "What makes you think I'm not as good?" "You are a good pitcher, but there are already three other pitchers." I said. "I've seen you pitch and Allie is a bit faster. That's the truth for you if you really wanted it." Next thing I knew, she took me and held me up by the jersey. "You wanna know my real self?" Shannon screamed. "Um, guys?" I called.

She giggled. "Right, like your friends are gonna help you." Next thing I knew, I saw her eyes glow red. I pinched her hand. She screamed as she let me go. I fell to the ground. I scooted back into the fencing of the dugout. I saw Allie run over in a blur. I rubbed my eyes. I watched as Allie pinned Shannon to the ground. "What's the meaning of this, Shannon?" She screamed. "Don't you think about hurting my catcher." Shannon smirked as she disappeared with her bag.

Allie helped me up. I was in awe. "Um, is there something you're not telling me?" "Um, about that, I am not what I seem." she said. "Yea, no kidding." I said. "What are you?" "Let me do one thing first." Allie said. "Just to make it easier." She snapped her fingers and my bag disappeared. "Wait, what did you do?" I asked. "I teleported our bags to your house."

I was taken aback by what she said. "You're kidding, right?" I asked. She shook her head. "No." She said. "And I sense that Clara, Sam, and Emma are like me. So, you are fine. Ok? I won't let Shannon get in your way. Just please tell me. I wanna know." "Promise you won't go crazy?" I asked. "Promise, Maddie." She said.

I took a deep breath. I cracked the muscles in my neck. I felt my eyes glow yellow. My auburn hair fell over my human ears which disappeared into my head. I felt my jaw hurt as I felt my bottom canines form. Then went the top ones. Finally, I grimaced in pain as I felt my ears grow through the top of my head through my auburn hair. I cleared my throat as everything was in place. "I'm just starting to control it." I said. "Oh my God!" Allie said. "You're a werewolf. You're freaking ADORABLE! Why are you hiding this?"

...reality...

"So, she's a werewolf?" I asked. "Yeah." Allie said. "And she needs our help." "Suits me." Sam said. "We are her friends. Had I known Shannon was trying to replace you, I would've been there. We just didn't know what was going on." Then the intercom came on. "Everyone seeing our singer, Madeline Kilpeck, file to the stage." It said. We teleported to the stage to see Maddie at the piano. She smiled at us as everyone was applauding. "Thank you." She said. "I want to start with a song I hold dear to me. This original song is called 'Accept me.' It took me a year to decide wether or not to perform this." We laughed with her and she then put her hands on the keys.