a nιgнтмare wнιcн ιѕ over

Chapter#28
"A Nightmare Which Is Over"

JOE's P.O.V.

After 25 minutes ride we were at the zoo. The whole ride Izzy and I kept singing to the radio while Demi just kept smiling and occasionally singing a few lines. The car ride was fine to be honest. I'm really looking forward to be with my daughter forever and hopefully get my Demi back.

Izzy was super excited to be at the zoo. We had loads of fun. Izzy was thrilled to see the animals and I had a great time with them as well.

Right now Izzy was playing at the zoo playground. I took a seat on a bench with Demi. We could see Izzy perfectly from where we were.

"So, she's five?" I asked Demi.

"Yeah. Um...after we broke up, a few days later, 16 days exactly, I found out I was pregnant. I was scared. I wasn't sure what to do. I just broke up with you, I was heartbroken. I wasn't sure if I wanted to be a parent at the moment. But then I realised, it's my baby. And my job is to protect it no matter what. I decided to keep the baby and be the best parent I  could be. Miley helped me through the pregnancy and everything. She has been more than a sister to me. We moved to New York, for a new start. To leave everything behind, all your memories and everything. It was tough at first, but we got through. After eight and a half months, I had Izzy. She was my everything. She was the reason I decided to start over again. She was a gift to me. She's my everything. " Demi explained. I felt bad for her. I should've gathered the courage and went to apologise for my mistakes. I should've begged for a second chance. But no, instead I left her.

"Demi, do you believe in second chances?" I asked her.

"Maybe I did once. But I love too much and fall too hard. And as a result, I'm always left with a broken heart." She said

"What do you mean?" I asked a bit confused.

"I fell in love with a guy named Zac. We dated for over three months and so. I was madly in love to be honest. Izzy was only three years old then. He was fine with Izzy. Izzy seemed to like him as well. I started trusting him. I had to work hard to support Me and Izzy. Miley had to spend a lot of time traveling around the world for her work. I started leaving Izzy with Zac. I trusted him enough. But he ended up being a douchebag. He started hitting on Izzy. He used to leave her alone in the house when I wasn't around and get drunk. He would come back drunk and hit on my daughter. I couldn't bear that. I left him. But then he came back. He told me he got help and became a better person. He tricked me into trusting him. I really thought he got better. Izzy didn't like him though. She was scared of him. So I never left her alone with him again. Everything was going okay, until he started abusing me. He didn't hit on Izzy anymore. But instead he started hitting on me. I tried everything I could to make him get better. I tried everything in my power to get the Zac I fell in love with. After all, I loved him madly. But no, things kept getting worse. I didn't tell anyone, but Miley somehow figured out. She made me realise, I don't need him. I don't need any man in my life. Specially not Zac. I left him again. But he threatened to kill me and Izzy. I was scared. So I went to police. He was arrested and later he was sent to jail and was punished to spend the rest of his life there. The guilt of letting that happen to Izzy and trusting that asshole still haunts me everyday. " Demi wiped the tears that left her eyes and rolled down her cheeks.

"Demi, he was an asshole. No one deserves that. Every woman deserves to be treated like a queen. And trust me, you'll find the perfect guy who'll love you unconditionally and treat you like a queen and Izzy like a princess that she is. Just look around you, I promise you'll find him." I placed my hand on Demi's.

"I guess. But that chapter of my life is over. That was just a nightmare which is over. And now, I'll try to bring the best for my daughter and I." Demi said and I have her a smile.

"Exactly." I said with a small smile.

WHAT DO U THINK?

I'll post the next chapter as soon as I get 9 Votes....

I really Love you guys.....

Maia.