Chapter 5: Trust

Leah(p.o.v):

It was early morning, dad was by the pool sun bathing with Dogzilla ( do not judge me). Mom was out of the country working on a new building, little Eddie was with the nanny and my brother... oh my brother.

Ever since school started he has been like a zombie. Hungry for school but thirsty for Serena.
My brother was sitting cross legged on the sofa by the foyer. He was wearing sweatpants and a tank top.
"So you really don't mind if I pick Mr. Ulliel for my project?" I asked Esteban who was reading this thick book about laws in Greece or something "Sure Leah, Mr. Ulliel is awesome, you'll learn a lot from him" Esteban said not even looking at me. I nodded.

"Are you sure then? You wouldn't care? Because I'm going to spend a lot of time with him and-"

My brother closed his book in a very dramatic way and gave me a side eye. "Lee, I told you, I don't care. Do your high school stuff and let me study." He said getting off the couch, grabbing his book and disappearing into the hall way.

"Ugh rude. Bye" I said at loud.

I swear he has been in such a mood.
I'm not going to lie, we got the assignment on a Thursday. It's Sunday morning and I'm so nervous. I know I don't have to start tomorrow with the assignment but at the same time I want to be a good student and I want to see -Mr. Too hot too handle - again.

I heard the door bell, I was already at the foyer so I opened the door. "Hey Leah."

"Hey, I wasn't expecting you!" I said excited to see my friend. He was wearing all black as always. His hair was a little messy.

"Did you just wake up?"

"No, actually yes but I got bored at home. My brother has been out most of the time. He moved to the dorms which I understand but I mmiss him. My parents are always working. The one who keeps me company is Xena, our housekeeper." He said and pulled me in for a hug.

"I just want to talk to someone about something else other than cooking lessons."

"Your housekeeper teaches you how to cook?"

"Oh hell yes, she's the best, one day I will make you a nice dinner."

"Why one day? Let's do it." I said. We were heading upstairs to my room but then we both stared at it other.

"Oh hell yes let's cook."

We headed to the kitchen. I was actually very excited to cook instead of doing take out and left overs. Dad does cook but only on weekends which is still very appreciated. I guess today was dads lucky day. No cooking for him.
What about me? I can make myself egg and toast, spaghetti, just very very easy basic stuff.... Oh ramen. Yes.

"So what do you want for dinner?"

"I don't know B, umm check the fridge and the pantry. If we are missing something we can always go to the store or order groceries."

"You don't know what's in your fridge? So what do you eat? You know what Leah, how about you go relax while I prepare us a great dinner?"

"Oh no, come on. Let me help you. Let's do this together." I said raising my hand for a high five. He smiled and he raised his hand too.