06. The Stalker

__________________

         Chapter Six: The stalker

    It's not fun to keep secrets,
but sometimes you have to do it to protect yourself. And to protect people around you.

                             xxx

Stacey's Perspective

"After i go out, lock the door and don't let anyone in and if someone knocks on the door besides me then call the police immediately, understood?" She says it all in one breath, not daring to stop. Her eyes were filled with worries and fear.

"Yes mom, I got it. But will you tell me what happened to you? Are you fine? What's going on?" I say as tears brim up at the back of my eyes. "I'm fine, I am.." She says but I know it's all a lie, I can see it in her eyes.

Don't go mom.. Don't leave. I beg you. I will stop you. I will. I won't let you go. You're the only one I have mom, don't leave me. I can't live without you.

Mom

Mom please

Mom don't go..

Her phone starts to ring and when she looks at the screen, the color on her face drains. "I have to go...I can't let you be in danger.. I can't.." She says running towards the door.  

You can't leave me..

I yelled and yelled but her figure was no more in front of my sight and I fell on the cold, hard ground..

Everything around me was in a blur and my surrounding was black..

"Mom Mom Mom..." I screamed as I shot up straight on the bed covered in sweats, breathing heavily. My heart pounding rapidly. Another terrible nightmare, more like a flashback of the past.. Will I ever be able to sleep without these nightmares haunting me?

As I dragged my eyes lazily on the clock hanging on the wall of my lifeless room, I see it was 6:10. Yawning I get up and take my mom's picture in my hands and keep it back at it's place in the cupboard. 

I was already in my sweats now so, I took my phone and ear plugs with me. As I stand by the front door I wore my sneakers, ready for my sleep deprived and stressful morning walk. Giving one last look at the house which flamed my heart over and over again I turned around and started taking big, confident steps away from the abhorrent place.

They say when bad time comes everything around you turns into a negative perspective of your life. Even the good turns into bad, friends turns into enemies and you turn into a hopeless person. 

But they also say that everything in your life happens for a reason...Everything that happens to you; good or bad is supposed to teach you a lesson.

But sometimes the lesson that those situations teach you is horrible and no matter what you do, you can't seem to find answers.

Because it's all a mystery..

A painful mystery..

Soon enough I lose track of time when I found myself nearing towards an unknown, beautiful yet mysterious place. A place that normal people would find creepy because they're all too quick to judge, but to me this place seemed understandable. 

It emitted a silent message of being the survivor after the awful thunders and tsunami's, after being ripped apart and left without no care... Yet, this place undoubtedly seemed to survive on it's own.