Woebegone

Pleasures, riches, honor and joy are sure to have care, disgrace, adversity and affliction in their train. There is no pleasure without pain, no joy without sorrow. O the folly of expecting lasting felicity in a vale of tears, or a paradise in a ruined world.
~Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

_________________________________

Jimin shoveled the last piece of his cake into his mouth. He was annoyed to the core.

After Hoseok had brought their order, Yoongi ate his things up in an incredible speed. When he had finished, Jimin had took exactly one sip of his strawberry latte.

Yoongi had stared at him, his deep brown eyes burning themselves into Jimin's. The black haired had shuddered.

Shortly after that, he had excused himself. He had said 'Sorry, I have to go' which kind of upset Jimin. Yoongi had laid the money for their things on the table and had left. A meeting, he had told Jimin.

Now, he was alone. Jimin huffed and munched angrily his cake.

"Seriously, what the hell is guy?", the black haired grumbled.

"What's with this long face?", a cheerful voice asked.

Jimin glared at the person next to his table. Hoseok gave him a wide grin.

The taller man wasn't wearing the apron he had worn earlier anymore.

"What do you want?", Jimin asked more rudely than he intended.

Hoseok sat on down on Yoongi's chair. He liked his pink lips, his eyes wandering around as of he wanted to check that nobody was around to hear him.

"I want to talk to you. About Yoongi.", he almost whispered.

Jimin raised an eyebrow.

"What? You don't even know me. I don't even know Yoongi!"

Hoseok shushed him with a stern look.

"Just listen to me. I can tell that you're pissed off because he left."

Jimin huffed, averting Hoseok's gaze. The latter wasn't wrong. Yoongi's action did annoy him, and yes, he also wanted to know what was wrong with Yoongi.

Especially after the male had made this weird comment about 'never getting over it'.

"Fine.", he said. Then he paused for a second. "Wait, why me of all people?"

Hoseok's face turned even more serious.

"Listen, Jimin. Yoo-"

Jimin almost shrieked.

"What the hell, why do you know my name?"

Hoseok rolled his eyes.

"Can you you please listen to me? I just wanted to explain it."

Cheeks flushing pink, Jimin nodded. The smaller male took a sip of his strawberry latte, his attention was completely on Hoseok and what he was going to say.

"Listen, dude. Yoongi doesn't like people, he doesn't care about people and truthfully, he'd never invite someone as a thank you for finding his phone. I don't know why, but it seems like that Yoongi is somehow attracted to you. You know, he told me about the phone thing and he also told me about you. He said you remind him of Tae, the way you smile and stuff. He just ca-"

The ringtone of a phone interrupted Hoseok.

He gave Jimin an apologizing look before picking up the call.

"Hey, what's up? Oh. Yeah, yes okay. Yeah, see you soon."

A sigh escaped Hoseok's lips.

"I'm really sorry Jimin, but I have to go, my mom's in trouble. Sorry again!"