Not You

"Why are you taking a gun with you? We aren't hurting anyone." Damage put the gun in his waist band.

"Calm down Ashton it's just incase someone gets out of line to scare them a bit."

I already dropped off Kaylin with Dan and Nacy.

It was six p.m.

The part started in less then an hour.

"We need to there before we are late." I informed Hope to wait for me before going in.

'You look so beautiful in that dress sweetheart.'

I read the text and stuffed the phone in my pocket.

I was going to kill Trent.

---------------------------

We arrived. The party had already started I saw Hope waiting for me outside.

I walked over to her and grabbed her hand.

"Ashton what are you doing?"

"Just go with it." She stayed silent but continued to hold my hand.

We walked into Payton's moms house. Me and Hope stood by the refreshments table. She was talking with Sage.

Ziker , Duchess and Damage all split up. I saw Trent talking to Payton outside.

She didn't notice I was here yet.

Duchess noticed also and we followed them.

We stopped at an distance so they couldn't see us. One thing for sure Payton did look amazing in her dress.

"I see Mr.Deniro and Ms.Hudges are getting along well." Trent sat on the stairs and she followed.

"Really?" She asked turning around towards the door. We ducked before she could see. "I didn't notice. I mean they do work together."

Trent shrugged leaning back. "I guess I was wrong about you too. So if isn't Mr.Deniro who is the special guy?"

She shook her head. "I don't want to talk about." She was playing it off well.

"Trouble in paradise?"

"More like stalker ruing my life."

What the hell was she doing.

"Fuck." I whispered.

"No that's good. We can see his reaction."

He seemed to be angry now. "Who the hell is bothering you?" She jumped at the sudden rise of his voice.

"I'm not sure."

We stopped listening. We walked back inside to the kitchen to find Ziker and Damage.

"It's not the kid." Duchess admitted.

"Anyone can act Duch. He knows what he's doing." I stated looking at them through the window.

"Did you not see how angry he got. He wouldn't do it."

I walked out of the kitchen to the bathroom this whole thing was confusing.

I washed my face then looked in the mirror. The door knob shook and in walked Trent.

He leaned against the door watching me.

"I know about you and Payton."

I knew the kid wasn't innocent.

"I don't know what your talking about." I tried to open the door but he blocked my way.

I could easily push the kid out of the way but that'd make a scene.

"You know what I'm talking about. Look I don't like you as much as you don't like me but we have one thing in common we both care about Payton."

What was he trying to get at?

"I didn't understand at first why Dylan was following my every move until now. I want in. I don't want Payton getting hurt either."

"How do I know you aren't him?" He scoffed.

"I knew since you kissed her in front of my house. If I wanted I could've been had you placed in jail. But I know how she feels about you. I couldn't do that to her plus I have some information I
think you'd like to know of."

---------------

"You saw a stranger in your bushes and you didn't think to say anything?"

Damage asked looking at the ripped off sweater that Trent found in his bushes.

I told Payton to get Kaylin and stay with her mother. She questioned me about what was going on but I told her it wasn't anything serious. I lied and told her the messages had stopped.

We were sitting in Trent's living room.

"I thought it was just a dumb kid."

"We still have Payton's uncle." Ziker added.

"Tomorrow after graduation.I found out he works at an bar. We have to get Payton's mom out the house. On a date or something we need to make the allusion that Payton is alone. " Duchess explained standing up.

"What about Kaylin?" I asked.

"I'll watch her." Ziker volunteered.

"We need someone who he is good with words." Duchess said pacing."Someone slimy who her uncle would think is just like him. Someone mean."

"Someone like Zack."