chapter 1

Hey guys! So, I'm new to this so this is probably going to majorly suck, but anyway here we go. (: (btw this story takes place in 2013, but sonny is just a normal fifteen year old)

--•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•-

Alex's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of my alarm going off. I checked the clock and it was only 3 am. That was odd, I thought I had set it to 6 am. There was no point in going back to sleep, not that I would get much of it anyway, so I decided to start getting ready for the day. The sun was no where to be seen yet, so I went downstairs to grab a bowl of cereal and sat down to watch some random show on tv.

Today was the big day, my first day of school since my move from Las Vegas. My mom was offered a job in LA, and now here we are. A new beginning, a chance for me to be outgoing and make some new
friends. Yay.

"What are you doing up so early Al?" A voice from behind me made me jump making me spill my cereal all over the couch. Fuck.

I turned around to find my older brother grinning maliciously at me from the kitchen.

"Nice going weirdo," he jokingly said. I stuck my tongue out at him and began to clean up the mess I made. I checked the time. Yikes, 5 already.

"Anyway, I'm going for a run you wanna come with?" my brother asked.

"No, thanks Jace. I'm gonna head to the shower. See you later." I began to walk up the stairs and heard my brother shutting the door on his way out. He was always an early bird, loved working out and being active. Me on the other hand couldn't lift a basketball, but I loved to skateboard. I went into my room and checked my phone . Not much, just a notification for a new follower on twitter and a text from my mom.

*I had to finish up some work overnight at the office. I'll be home soon. Have a nice first day.*

I sighed. Being a single mother, my mom had to work for two and that meant a lot of overtime at work. I rarely got to see her so my brother and I basically raised ourselves. I stepped into the bathroom and looked into the mirror before getting in the shower. My brown roots were starting to show from under my dyed black hair. My smudged mascara and eyeliner from yesterday combined with my pale skin made me look dead. Perfect. I went to turn on the water and found that it was freezing cold. While I waited for the water to warm up, I sat on the toilet making silly faces at myself. I took off my clothes and stepped into the shower. The hot water instantly soothed my nerves and temporarily took away the stress. I looked down and saw the old scars along my thighs and arm. Like any other teen, I hated my body. I was short. A mere 5 feet. I was anything but attractive. I sank down to the bottom of the shower and sat there for what felt like hours. I didn't know how today was going to go, but if it was anything like the rest of my life, I'm guessing it was going to be a complete mess. At least it was the beginning of the year and I wasn't going to be the only new kid. I was a sophmore, and my brother was a junior. I had spent my whole life in Vegas, and had to leave it all behind to move here. Not that there was much to leave behind anyway.

I stepped out of the shower and toweled dry. I checked the time, shit, 6:20 already, school started at 7. I quickly put on my outfit for the day. Light wash skinny jeans and my favorite red and blue flannel pulled over a black deadmau5 tee paired with my black vans. I slipped on my magnitude of bracelets and rings. I put in my septum ring, and changed my plugs. I then went back into the bathroom to blow dry and straighten my hair and quickly applied enough eyeliner to drown the whole state of California followed with a swipe of mascara. I took a step back admiring myself and approved of my look. It was decent enough.